Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
It's better to find a cheap one as you arrive Bodrum. Gas prices is really high in Turkey like £1.6 a litre and it may increases as with the oil price rise in the world
Yes, fuel prices are higher over there than here unfortunately ... but a hire car is always useful to get around and off the beaten track.

We live on the Bodrum peninsula for half the year and always use http://www.propercar.com - you can book from the UK and pay when you arrive at the airport or they will deliver to your hotel. They're reasonable and reliable and I can recommend them as we have used them umpteen times.

Jak xx
With the location in Buzbek, it's out of the way for shared shuttles, therefore transfers are costly, so we may as well rent cars. Has anyone got confirmation that gas prices in Turkey are £1.60 now? I know they have always traditionally being higher than us, but was wondering as our price rises have also been thanks to VAT changes and tax.

Any more info appreciated,
On a side note, if we hire two cars then the second driver is 22 and I know they can be picky. Alternatively are there 6 seaters available with anyone at all, everything is 4/5 and jumps to 9!
You may have a problem with two cars if your second driver if only 22. You could look at hiring a Tata station wagon - they say five on the website but it would seat six (not a massive amount of room for six people's luggage though). We hired one last year - two in the front, a child seat and an adult in the middle row and one adult in the back row - loads of room for two in the back though. Yep, fuel is about £1.60 a litre :really

You've intrigued me though - you say the location is in Buzbek. Is that on the Bodrum peninsula? I live over there for half the year and have never heard of Buzbek so would be interested to know where it is.

Jak xx
Sorry its near Abuk, Bozbuk Bay even, the Club La Costa resort. I know some rental places its 21+. I shall look into the vehicle you mentioned though. We can always go light on baggage, no need for six cases. We managed in an Opel Zafaria in Spain that seats six with luggage, a squash but still.

Interesting, is the Doblo also a possibility? I notice they both say five. We are all adults really (one 15 year old, one 18, one 20 and one 22), but like I say, we did manage a Zafaria which was tight in the back but as long as we can get the luggage to resort, its not so much an issue after.
No sorry, the Doblo is no longer an option even though they show it on the website. From the beginning of last year, the Turkish government said that Doblos cannot be used as hire cars - something to do with being vans really and the tax on them. We always hired one when we went over and it was great so we were gutted when you could no longer hire them.

The Tata isn't bad - good luck!

Jak xx
So the Tata has seven seats too does it? Similar to the Doblo in terms of space? Cannot find much about that vehicle on the internet!
We had to search quite a bit for info about the Tata before we got it last year. They are made in India - not the best of finishes but they get you round. We drove all the way from Bodrum to Hisaronu and back last year, also to Kusadasi and back - pretty comfortable as well.

It's roomier seating-wise than the Doblo 'cos you've got got three rows of seats (the back seat folds down if you don't need it) - though it doesn't have the same luggage capacity if you're using the back seat.

Jak xx
Sounds ideal, really we can squeeze someone in the back with the suitcases, that shouldn't be an issue as we did that to Tenerife and that was only a small fold up rear seat in the boot.
I keep seeing the Doblo for rent from other car hire places, presume they will swap for a substitute motor though.
Yeah, none of the companies seem to have amended their websites - it came in in April 2010 that Doblos couldn't be used as hire cars. We were gutted as they were great for our needs.

Jak xx
Just to back up what Jakki said earlier in this thread we have also used http://www.propercar.com a few times, although from Dalaman airport. We too have found them very reasonably priced and reliable, one of the cars we had on one occasion was almost brand new. Shame about the Doblo, we hired one once too, and found it really practical and quite comfortable.
I've emailed them and they have sorted out a good quote on a 7-seater and the price is reasonable! Thanks for your help.
I recommend you two car hire companies below;

avis.com.tr/CarHire/Europe/Turkey/Bodrum
rentgo.com.tr/bodrum-arac-kiralama
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.