Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Booked today and there's a voucher code you can use aswell that gets you another 10% off so click the link previously provided by lynwestie then use code HAVCWW10 - expires 16th Sep i believe.
:banghead: Missed it and I need to book a car for a week from glasgow . Can't see where you can enter a code though Martyn should I find another .
the only code I can find now is
Holiday Autos: 5% Discount Voucher
Receive 5% off car hire in all locations with Holiday Autos. *Collect car by 31.October 2010.
Expiration Date: October 31, 2010
Voucher Code: HAUK5

I can't remember how far through the booking you enter the code , think it may have been on the payment method screen
Thanks martyn I'm going to try now .

PS. all done but unfortunate I couldnt find anywhere (despite looking for ages) for a voucher code . Their FAQ says there is a box available for promo codes within the optionable extras but it wasnt there . Maybe they have taken it off for now . :( . never mind still happy with the 10% off and can't complain about 8 days hire for £132
After the event of course Martyn I have found another link for one account holders (assuming the same as the virgin one and you dont actually need to be an account holder to use it ) . this one gives 15% off so worth knowing for the future

http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/liveweb.sh/QSearch.w?ctryref=GBR&lang=EN&aff=xOneAccount

Quidco has also always tracked for me in the past .Currently paying 9% back . Click on the normal link via http://www.quidco.com . Delete the address link and replace it with the discounted link and it should work fine . mine has just tracked and paid me £14 cashback on my spend (£150 including excess waiver)
Just returned from Tenerife and thought I would let you know about our experience in hiring a car.

Having just retired we decided to push the boat out on the hotel and car hire. On the car we wanted a convertable. So having done some research we opted for a 3 day hire with Autoreisen for €174, this we preordered in August 3 weeks before we departed, no card details were taken.

About a week later I was showing a friend of mine, who was also going to Tenerife on how to book on-line and went straight to the autoreisen site, there at the top of the page was an offer for September, a convertable for 3 days special offer €120. I e-mailed autoreisen and asked about the special offer and and was informed that because I had pre-ordered I was not eligible for the offer, I explained that I had not paid yet and it was only a pre-order, but the would not let me change the booking.

I left it at that and started my research again and found that Orcar had an offer for September of a Convertable for 4 days at €113 all inclusive. An extra day and €61 cheaper.

So, e-mail back to Autoreisen, cancelled my booking and rebooked with Orcar, this was confirmed by e-mail.

On arriving in Tenerife I picked up the car from Orcars Flambe office and everything was excellent.

So, an excellent result. The losers where Autoreisen, if they had changed my booking they would still have been paid €120 as it was they lost the whole booking.
Orcar and Autoreisen are the same company.
I use them for many years now.
If you have made a booking and later you see a cheaper price, you always can cancel your booking and make a new one with the cheaper price.
No problem.
anyone help with van hire. we expect to pick up some large items from IKEA 'up north' early in the new year and need a van. There are various adverts in the local press but would prefer to use one on recommendation and need help regarding some idea on costs etc.

thanks, chris
Re :Autoreisen,

Can anyone advise what the typical 'extra' daily insurance costs are to cover 'damage to rims, tyres, underside of the car, loss or damage of keys, clutch, windows, mirrors etc etc.

Normally carhire is good value and it's only when you add the mandatory extras that the real cost comes to light. Nice to see most companies in Tenerife have full/full fuel option.

On the odd ocassion I have booked a hire care in mainland Spain, full/full is only possible for hires of 3 days or less.

A couple of weeks ago in Spain we had to prepay €72 euros for petrol (for a Corsa!) and just about managed to use nearly a 1/4 of a tank - no refund on unused fuel. For 5 days the car hire was a mere €25 euros, adding the extras gave the true picture. Extra insurances were €5 a day.

Chris
Whilst we have been back from Tenerife a few weeks I thought I should complement Autoreisen on their car-hire process at the airport.

On arriving at the desk at the airport the small queue went down very quickly and getting to the man at the desk I handed over the usual stuff ie passport, credit card, booking ref etc and literally a 'minute' later we had the car keys and were off out of the airport to the car. Very fast and effiecent, well done.

A few days later we went to mainland Spain and picked our hirecar. What a contrast - the small queue moved at a snails pace, the one member of staff behind the desk was pushing extra insurance and explaining what would happen if you didnt take it and charging 300€ excess if not taken, pushing satnav hire, trying to get people to upgrade at extra cost, everything at snails pace.

Chris
I have booked a car through Autoreisen for our next trip to Tenerife in May where we will need a car for furniture shopping trips etc.

Just back but on this ocassion used the excellant TITSA bus serviice for local trips and if you use a Bono card to pay and start your return within 2 hrs of the original journey its a free for the return leg.

However, back to the car booking. I have rebooked 3 times since the original booking of a few weeks ago because their prices are coming down ! I was asked to add in the comments section of the new bookings that 'this booking replaced booking number xxx' - simple really.

So anyone who has previously booked I would suggest you keep an eye on the prices and rebook to get the more favourable price rather than the previous higher one - it costs you nothing but saves you money !

Chris
I hired a car from autoreisen from 29th May for a week, paid 60 euros, had the keys in my hand in under 5 minute, 1/4 tank of fuel which I just filled up to the same level before returning. Excellent service again, I've used autoreisen in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura before and have always found them to be the cheapest and easiest. As the desk is in the arrival hall I had the keys in my hand before my case was on the carousel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.