Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
CAR HIRE ....
113 Posts
http://www.nizacars.com/tenerife/ihome.htm

Think you need to book a min 7 days for airport pick up but I may be wrong.
8)
I would agree and say Nizacars are your best bet - we've hired 3 times with them with no problems - they don't actually have an office at the airport, but a rep from their local office will meet you - even if it's an evening arrival. :)
I've previously posted ok things about Rekord rent a car but unfortunately my experience in early January in Tenerife as a repeat customer was not good..

Did the straight to the desk on arrival and was met by the most miserable unhelpful woman on the desk...To be honest if I hadn't pre paid i would have told her I was going elsewhere and remind her that there were many other Hire companies to choose from in Tenerife (such was her couldn't care less attitude)

The car I got was the most knackered dented piece of rubbish I've ever been hired..I went back to the desk and refused to accept it.

The guy there couldn't seem to understand that I had a problem with the car they had given me although eventually gave me a Renault Modus that had one big piece of accident damage on the back of the boot..

Maybe I just clicked unlucky and they were gettting to the end of their lives as hire cars but next year I'm going to give Rekord a miss and try another company..

Oh yes and they only accept credit cards and for some reason won't accept debit cards (everywhere else in Tenerife accepted my debit card)
we are moving to Tenerife soon and would appreciate any help re, electrical goods where to buy same also could anyone recommend a bank I have heard bank charges can be on the high side does anyone know if IKEA deliver :lol: :thanks
Does anyone know if you need a credit card to hire a car in Tenerife. We are going next week and dont have a credit card, never needed one before in Europe to hire a car, always used our debit card, but we have been told we need a credit card in Tenerife. Can :roll: Anyone help?
hi mezza we hired a car off niza car hire and just paid cash with a small deposit nice brand new car aswell im going in october and will be renting again off them hope this helps gary... :D
How much is car hire in Tenerife?

Is driving difficult? Taxi go like the wind and they makes me nervous,

Regards,

Billyboy.
I think Billyboy's been on the soup again!!

a friend of mine hired a car from "Orlando Car Hire" and had a slight bump, they were an nightmare to deal after that, with, just a warning!!

Arona1 xxx
Mezza

We always hire a car in Tenerife using our Debit Card. As you probably know you have to take your passport with

Rgds Jackie
thanks very much gary and jackie, thats put our minds at rest. Jackie, do you usually book here or over in tenerife?
Hi

We always book in Tenerife. On the odd occassion we have had to wait until the next day before we can pick it up if the car we want is already out. Unfortunately my hubby and kids insist that we have a convertable which are for obvious reasons very popular. All the hire cars are pretty new so if you just want a car to get you around the island then most places will have them ready to take with you the same day. Don't forget your driving license. Have fun :!:
Rgds Jackie
thanks very much
Meeza

One thing to add. If your debit card is electron it will not be accepted.

Rgds
Thanks for the info, its a visa so shouldnt be any probs.
As long as it is not visa electron as these are not accepted a widely as plain visa debit cards

Rgds
Hi, We are going to Playa De Las Americas in July :D and are considering renting a car.
I know a lot of you have hired cars and I would appreciate any advice offered and possiblly some answers to the questions below. :?

I have heard that a lot of hire cars are broken into. Is this true and what are the circumstances with regard to the damages?

A lot of apartments dont have parking facilites and parking is usually on the street (leading to above). Can anyone suggest a safer place to park?

We have been to Tenerife before but have always used the local buses and taxis. If anyone wants to chuck in any must see places please feel free. :wink:
Booked my car through this company and for 3 days for a ford focus £51.00.

http://www.autoreisen.es/ingles/tenerife_car_hire.php
be careful where you park as the tow trucks are very quick! I think they work on commission.

Make sure you go to a reputable company and that all yours insurances are included. There are english owned companies that are good, no hidden costs.

Plus get a good map as it is very easy to get lost!! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.