Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I have used these http://www.bravocarhire.com many, many times, they are cheap and offer good choices.
Also Crown car hire at Malaga airport are good too. :wink:
As previously posted by me I have used various companies for car hire. The company I have stayed with for a while now are http://www.arrowcarhire.com

They are like all other companies, agents for the Crown, Record, etc and so really as long as you get a good, friendly service, the price should be about the same.

As for paying £49 for a full tank of petrol, if you return the car with a full tank of petrol they will refund your credit card that amount. The only ones who do not do this at the moment are Crown, who also have no excess on their policy which is why it is always busy. I like all others, hate waiting to long but I have had a couple of bumps in the cars (not my fault honest!!!) and so if I can get a "no-excess" company then I will always wait. Other companies are trying to follow the example set by Crown so things should improve.
We hired a car through DOYOUSPAIN.com last December which was actually with Europa Gold car and had no problems at all.The car was exactly as described(Ford Focus estate less than 6 months old)at a very good price including all insurances.We too had to pay up front for a full tank of petrol,we just made sure we used it all,and at least there was no messing around when we returned the car trying to work out how much we owed for petrol.We just parked the car.dropped the keys in the office and made our way to the terminal building.No problem at all.Would certainly use them again.

Regards

Sharpy
http://www.carjet.co.uk/ are pretty good and competitive as well. They will do a full/full deal on fuel as well (though you may have to ask for a short hire).

I heard a few horror/r1p off stories regarding tyres with one of the above mentioned companies. Anyone had any problems ???

Robby :wink:
I have to agree with AguilaMike.

I always use http://www.crowncarhire.com and have always been impressed.
You can return the car with the same amount of fuel that you took it away with, the cars are nearly all new (I dont konw how they do that!) and after our car got broken into, on one occasion, (both door locks were ripped out), they didn't even charge us for the insurance excess.

Do not however book through holiday autos .com.
They failed to email us the "voucher" that you need to get your car, but still charged us for it. Very poor customer service aswell.
Hello
We will be in the costa del sol in June for 3weeks Benalmadena area and would like to know of any information you could give us on car hire, There will be 10 of us all together so we need at least a five seater, but will be very gratefull if you have any information on any good deals we could get. and where to get them.
Thankyou for your help. :D
You can return the car with the same amount of fuel that you took it away with

Well, I booked via carjet, got my car from Crown and the condition was 'get full - drop off empty'. By chance, I returned the car with petrol for some 20 km only.

What more could the heart desire :D
  • Edited by Zaro 2006-04-13 15:46:14
I just looked at the Arrow Car Hire website and it is the same as holidayautos.

Are they the same company, i.e. part of lastminute.com ?
I have used this site http://www.travelsupermarket.com/travelmerge/travelsearch.aspx?package=6 and have booked a car through transhire, who are using helle hollis. We got a good deal, best we could find. Will let you all know how it went when we get back on the 8th may. This might sound silly but do they have normal ciggy lighters in the car, hubby wants to take sat nav with him but don't know if they have the same ones, or am I just being silly and thats like asking will they have the same steering wheels like over here :lol:
Almac,

Arrow and holiday autos are different companies. Arrow was started by a lady and her friend who both used to work for holiday autos. However, they decided to go their seperate ways and so set up different websites but with the same web company which you can find at the bottom of the page. That is why both websites are the same style.

But they are not part of holiday autos as the name is slightly different! Abit crafty i think but it is upto them. Arrow are changing their website soon and so it will have no resemblance to the current one.

As I always state on this website, i have no interest in this company whatsoever but have become friends with them through using them alot, so like to promote them providing they are good.

Hope this helps everyone.
Has anyone used MalagaCar.com?
They are not brokers and look pretty reasonable but I can't find anything about them anywhere.
Thanks!
Hi all

if I've put this in the wrong topic - apologies in advance!

Off to the Costa del Sol soon, and I'm going to end up driving for the first time - ulp! Am going with someone who is a regular driver abroad - so not too worried, but he can't drive - curse broken wrists!

Now my query is that for the car hire - I've only got one of the old paper licences (that is in pretty shabby condition to be honest) - will this be ok to get car hire on, or do I need to get a new photo licence pdq?

your assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rich
Richie, I've only got a paper driving licence and hire a car in Spain at least twice a year without a problem. No one has ever queried it as it's still a valid document so don't worry. I have some points on my licence that expired two years ago but as I would have to pay for a new photo licence if I want them removed I really can't be faffed to bother yet.
cheers Robbo, thats great. I know its only £19 to get my licence changed but there isnt a great deal of time and if i dont have to send my licence off for it to be lost in the post etc then so much the better.

so that's that hurdle overcome. now its just getting into the habit of driving on the right!
I'm looking to hire a Zafira size car for a week from Malaga airport on 29 December - prices to include all insurances and an extra driver.

I've tried all the usual suspects (Carjet, Holiday Autos, Amigoautos, etc). Carjet and Amigo are coming in at around 290 Euros. Holiday Autos are not at the races. I've also tried comparison websites such as Travelsupermarket, but they haven't come up with any better deals..I've found BCO who are coming in at 248 Euros. Problems are - I've never heard of them (I've been renting cars overseas regularly). Also their web site isn't exactly choc a block full of info as regards info on the company (it's based in Spain).

To get info on what is included you need to select a rental car. Anyone had any experience of this company?

Here's a link to their site - http://bco-rentacar.com/frames_uk.html

** Edit to activate link. luci HT Mod **
Hi, have hired a car through centauro. Am arriving at 11.20am on a Thursday, can anyone tell me what sort of waiting time to expect. Have only ever hired on a Saturday before. Its Malaga airport.

Thanks

Sally
Hi, can anyone reccomend a car hire company that meet you at the malaga airport so we dont have to wait? This is quite urgent as we travel on Thursday.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.