America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
We booked with Dollar a couple of years ago and picked the car up at their depot on O'Farrell Street, just to the west of Union Square. We just got a taxi down from Fishermans Wharf, but I would think companies would deliver to your hotel.

Aside from a slightly scary ramp out of the depot it was plain sailing and we were soon crossing the Bay Bridge even at rush hour.

I find Dollar's service superb and they are always my preferred choice when in the USA. Not everybody shares that view admittedly, but in about 20 hires I have never once had a problem, mostly new cars as well.

I am pretty convinced there are car hire firms near Fishermans Wharf also. You certainly don't need to go back to the airport.
Hi Claire55,

We booked our car last September with Dollar through http://www.netflights.com and although we picked ours up at LAX we dropped it off at the Sheraton Hotel 2500 Mason St, just off the Wharf. I checked their site and you can pick up from that hotel as well. We found Dollar to be as good as any, and if you book through Netflights you will get a better hire rate with them than through Dollar's own UK site.
Have a great time in California, we certainly did. :smile:
Have a look at Enterprise Car Rental too- if staying in Fisherman's wharf area, they have a rental location just two blocks away at 350 Beach St, 94133. You can see it on Google EArth..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.