Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Sorry if this question has been asked already as i haven't read through the entire thread but i only recently passed my driving test about 2 months ago and im 24, would i still be able to hire a car in Cyprus?
provided you have Both parts [photo and paper] of your license, you may not be able to hire from the big boys as they usually invoke a 25yr min age but one of the smaller companies will but you may pay an insurance premium

yasus
wizard
Try Oasis.. they were really great with us recently.. we are not 25! but still, they may be willing to negotiate!
Will second Oasis, we are frequent visitors and use them all the time. Usually give a discount to returning customers and have never had any trouble at all with them. meet you at airport and take you to rental depot about 5km away.
My lad got a hire car from Petsas when he was 18 two years ago. I emailed them and explained and there was no problem. They even waived the insurance loading that they usually put on young drivers :)
http://www.petsas.com.cy
carrentals@petsas.com.cy
If arriving at Paphos Airport I would recommend using a car hire company that has an actual office on site at the airport. There are some car hire companies that pick you up at the airport, take you to their compound and might not have the car you booked, or do a very hard sell for additional insurance. If you have been driven to on off-site compound a few miles away from the airport it can be quite difficult and even intimidating, particularly if it's in the evening and dark.

From personal experience I would avoid a company that picks you up at the airport and takes you somewhere, you could be placed in a vunerable position. If it is much more expensive using a car hire firm at the airport it might be worth considering getting a taxi and renting once at your holiday resort.
Hello, I have booked a 2 week holiday to the Pafian Sun Holiday Villiage in Paphos (first 2 wks in August)
I am looking to hire a car (Fri to Mon) but looking for advice for which car hire company to book with and also if they do drop off's to the Hotel or one who is really close and easy for us to collect the car.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Based on above advice I tried Oasis last summer and cannot complain! I think they did pick ups but you do need to ensure you keep a copy of any communications / confirmations you have with them.. just in case.
Hi
we are going to Pathos in April can anyone recomend best car hire firm many thanks Rob.
moved to the car hire thread [information/recomendations can be foun here

yasus
wizard
Hi
We are off to Northern Cyprus this summer.
Just checking out a few things and we will need car hire and a taxi trasfer from Paphos (know we can't take car hire from Southern to Northern).
Can anyone recommend companies (would like car dropped off at our villa).
Thanks in advance.
Irene
I'm still looking at car hire for a long weekend in August while staying in Paphos
I have found a website that will deliver and pick up the car at the hotel which will be great.
The website is Cyprus Car Hire Portal
Has anyone used them before or heard of them at all?
I am always a bit worried about booking somewhere you don't know
How old do you have to be to hire a car in cyprus and or how long do you have to have held a uk driving licence?
the main companies 25 with at least 3 yrs experience [as here] some of the local boys will probably take younger with some experience and a clean licence [take both parts] but it will depend on their insurers

yasus
wizard
:que Hey am wondering about car hire in larnaca?...Theres my Hubby Stav, 5'11 17st.(driver) , then me 5'4 10st.,then our son 5'12 9st then our girls 12 & 10 yrs normal size..we'll have 3 large suitcases, is there any1 inparticular any of you can recommend...Ive had quotes form so many dif rental companies online and they all seem really expensive for the size car they all say we'd need...we're not going until 6th of nov 2011 but I really need to know ive got everything sorted well in advance so I can relax and prepare myself :sun2 (as im scared witless of flying :( ) please help!.. :tup
We've just returned from a ten day stay in Ayia Napa and rented a car from Stevens Car Hire. Would definately recommend to others. They accept cash so no need to leave credit card details, and it couldn't be simpler. You pick up the car from their rep at Larnaca airport (paperwork completed in 5 minutes), pay for half a tank of petrol, return it to the carpark as empty as possible and lock the key in the boot. No need to meet the rep again. Their prices include cover for all kinds of damage with no excesses and even cover windscreen and tyres as standard.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.