Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Re: La Carihuela
30 Posts
when do you go Sanji? were abouts are you staying?
Go on the 16th June, staying in the hotel Pez Espada. :sun2
that hotel looks lovely, but usually out of my price range as i have to book 2 rooms lol, self catering for me for a few more years yet. Starting to look forward to going, first time to the area, so hope ive made a good decision.
stayed at the palm beach a couple of times and enjoyed it, very clean and literally a few minutes to the beach and to get there you walk through pedestrian street full of shops bars and all types of different restaurants, the only thing i didn't like about it was you have to pay an extra 30 euro's to have air conditioning on for a week, for what you pay, especially for a superior room, that should be in the price, that said its in a really good spot
Thanks for that, dont know what kind of room ive got ,all i know is that its on the 8th floor with great sea views, il pay the extra euros for the a/c as i dont think i could manage without it.
Glad to hear you're sorted audbod. You can really look forward to your holiday now. From experience, I'd say you'll love the area. I think 30 euros for a week's a.c is a good price. Enjoy!
probaly ok to pay it now but when you are paying £450 for a week in an apartment you dont expect to have to pay extra for the air con bearing in mind we stayed at the san fermin hotel in July and only paid that and it was b&b and the air con was free
wn5, I agree it's not something you should have to pay for. However, more and more accomodations are charging the extra. We paid the equivalent of £100 for 2 weeks a/c in Crete last year. I thought that was very expensive but I couldn't have managed for a fortnight in August without it. I always make sure I check whether it's included before I book now, so I can budget it into the price.
We had to do without it in Gran Canaria and it was torture, so i dont mind paying. Im looking for advice on restaurants in the area, nothing too fancy, not with 3 kids in tow , just somewhere that serves nice meals,and bars with entertainment that would keep adults and kids happy, any ideas?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.