Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
La Carihuela
30 Posts
audbod - how I envy you. In my opinion La Carrihuela is much nicer than the centre of both Torremolinos & Benalmadena. Two years ago we stayed B & at the El Tiburon for Easter, & had a great price going DIY with Travel Republic. The accommodation is not 5 star but its very central for all bars & restauarants and just round the corner from the beach. My sister Shirley h has put a review in the Costa Del Sol hotel section on here. If you google El Tiburon I think its the Travel Republic site that comes up 1st & the link takes you straight to the El Tiburon. Good luck in your search.
Where abouts or which apartment/hotel are your friends staying in.? Is it just you that's needing accomodation.?
Tony, I think Mary Wallace is quite expensive, although Carihuela gardens apartments are beautiful inside, had a guided tour when the building was first opened.
hi ,its for a family of 5,hence the difficulty lol . they have booked a private rental in carihuela park (im pretty sure thats what she called it), so pretty much looking for self catering that will sleep 5, thanks.
Hi,
the El Tiburon (bed and breakfast) Helen mentioned was as cheap as a lot of the self catering places there. I wouldn't discount it because it's B&B and would say that it's worth looking at the review(s). If we were to return to La Carihuela we would def consider going back here.
well think ive emailed everyone in the vicinty and no luck yet lol the nearest i can get is an apartment in El Pinillo, any ideas how long a walk into Carihuela?
El Pinillo, any ideas how long a walk into Carihuela?

Oooh, too far away.
Carihuela Park Palace is situated on Calle Miami, same street as el Hotel Tiburon, but further down heading towards Torremolinos.
I've marked Calle Miami in red.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1120/carihuela.jpg
Sanji
thanks for that Sanji, back to the drawing board for me then .
what dates you looking at audbod?
im lookin 22/6/09 to 6/7/09, thanks.
I booked with the company below last year for an apartment in Imperial Puerto (just a short walk from Carihuela) and was delighted with the service and the accommodation itself. The apartment my wife and I were in could sleep five.
http://www.williamspropertyspain.com/aloha.htm
Have you looked at what the Hotel Las Palomas can offer? Its just on C/Carmen Montes, Carihuela.
Hi

We're staying at the Hotel La Luna Blanca in La Carihuela for four nights in July. :sun2

Can anyone recommend any nice bars/restaurants around this area please (including Benalmadena and Torre)

Many Thanks :)

Elaine
Many will recommend the larger restaurants in Carihuela, but you wont go far wrong with the Bar Playa C/ Bulto. A small family run place max seating about 15-20.Good quality reasonable priced spanish food.
having trouble getting accomadation for 5 in Carihuela so looking into benalmadena now particularly Arroyo de la miel area and the Acuario Apartments, just waiting to hear about a private let.
having trouble getting accomadation for 5 in Carihuela

Is that 5 adults.?
If you're thinking of walking to see your friends every day......it's a fair trek from Arroyo to Calle Miami in La Carihuela and taxi fares will mount up...Arroyo is further away than el Pinillo
If you can't get in La carihuela, IMO you'd be better off looking at Montemar Alto or Torremolinos with a beach location on playa del Bajondillo, which is just around the the bit that sticks out on the map I posted....at least it will be flat to walk home on the promenade.

Sanji
ive found availability in the Nucleo Cristal apartments in Carihuela, just waiting to hear if they will allow an extra bed, fingers crossed. Wouldnt be seeing our friends everyday if we stayed in Arroyo, just trawling the net and the area seemed nice and the apartment we are looking at is lovely, booked my flights , so il need to find somewhere now or it'l be a tent on the beach for us lol
Well im finally sorted, after a bit of emailing back and forth we are now staying at the Palm Beach club in Carihuela, has anyone stayed here?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.