Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yes, let's have the 2014 dates, I'll be there 19th march 2014
Long time no see IC. I will be there in Jan.. so will see you this time.
Hi just cant wait to see you all again, it seems ages.

Stacey and l hope, fingers crossed, visas not arrived yet!!!! on the 13th, 20th and 27th November 2013. :cheers :sun2
Nice one brenLiz it will be good to see you both again how long are you both going for next time ...colleen
I am there from 28 November and go home on 1 Feb. Liz is there from 14 December to 5 Jan. I retired this year so thought I would stay longer this year to get away from our horrible winter.
One of these days I might actually be in Goa when the meets are still running!
thought i should just update and say i am very sorry to say that the wed meets finally seem to have died a death :( mainly i think due to people going on the facebook Goa forums rather than here)... sad after so many happy times but life moves on..we long termers made an effort to be there every week over the years but sometimes people wouldnt turn up despite putting names down or would eat elsewhere and turn up very late, this meant us just hanging about a lot of the time and we too would sometimes have liked to do other things like go to Anjuna to listen to the music etc,of course there were the odd busy nigthst but not often and it therefore started to get tedious and we started to give up trying too keeping it alive.. . so for those of you not on FB there are alternative meets being held in Bending bamboos bar candolim on Mondays from 8pm you can eat or not as you please, this was arranged on the FB group page 'meet and greet in Goa' ..pretty much everyone is welcome and as this is my local i am generally there too :) i really hope to catch up with some old faces and new ones :tup .. people are wearing a yellow and orange wristband for identification!!. these can be bought in shops or online at ebay i am told ...the meets brought so many of us together over the years and many thanks to you all and HT for that ;)
Chilly x
Thanks for your update, Chilly and a big thank you for all the effort you have put into the meets over the years. I fully understand the frustrations you and the other long-stayers must have felt when the time you've invested isn't appreciated or valued.
We've met some great people and had some great nights. We'll continue to see many of them here in Goa. It's a shame but doors close and others open.....
Thanks for the update Chilly and making it official that the HT meets have moved to Bending Bamboo on a Monday

I know how hard you worked to keep the Carvery meets going at a very difficult time in your own life however we did have some great evenings at the Carvery and we all have some super photos to bring back those happy memory's

I think a new venue and a new day for the meets will work well and soon be meeting friends old and new also having even more great times with loads more super photos to look back on
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.