Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Unfortunately several of your posts in various sections of the site contained potentially libelous comments. To protect the legal interests of Holidaytruths, I am afraid those posts had to be removed.

David :wave
ahh but i thought it was truth?but fair enough david i understand,thanks for quick reply.ill try to writ someting easier on the eye,,im new to this so i tend to rant,but informative ,,thanks again.
ok revamped verison of my deleted post..cm is a great camp but not for me,a bit too loud sometimes,,but entertainment is alway reliable allbeit the same sice i was there,,which brings me to my main point,,funny as i have worked on cm (and now its not for me.lol) and callela dp..so i know a wee bit.first as a holiday maker,,where i won the talent show woo hoo..with the grand prize of a green bike.lol which we sold in resort..plus a free trip back.so funny and then as dj /entertainer,,monster guy seems to be the one in the know on cm now,,i wonder if he remembers dj dave around 92 /93 working with a scottish compare /entertainer..they were great..,i did have fun though in my opinion and its my opinion reps genrally arent whta they used to be,,,god we had to do visits twice a day every day,doesnt seem to happen now,..
Where is Don Xiotes, going to Estartit on Saturday.
Hi this is our first time at Castell Montgri, we are going with Siesta in 29 bedtimes and we can't wait.

My eldest two are aged 14 and 12 and I have no worries for things for them to do, their P's & Q's and manners are in the right places, I guess I can pretty much leave them to their own devices. Its my youngest who'll be 9 and gets bored very easily that I'm worried about,(I'm sure you've all been there as it were), he does make friends easy though and I'm hoping he'll meet someone there,

We want to eat 'out' a few times, local food and Tapas, etc, and would love to hear of any recommendations. I have already made my mind up to do the main food shopping at Lidl, we are not big drinkers but I do like a few cold cans of an evening when bbq-ing, is the beer any cheaper at Lidl?

So really any tips and hints anyone can give me please,

Cheers

Kipper
hey kipper hope you have a great time,,as you will see from some of my posts on cm i worked there a long time ago. and even on a personal level its not for me as i prefer cdp(calella de palfrugell),,but in the sense that you have kids etc i reckon it will suit you..have a great time,let us know how it goes..as for the cider ,being a teetolar i cant help you there,lol
Thanks for the reply, its our first holiday abroad as a family and we are really looking forward to it, we could be in a tin box on a car park for all we care :D

I am sure we will have a great time.......

Does any one know any thing about the guitar shaped pool I spied nearby on Google Earth? Is it public or private?

Cheers

Kipper
That guitar shaped pool is a bit away from Castell Montgri and its the first i've noticed it.

Looking at the map it might be in a residential area.

Beer is pretty cheap in most places, the supermarket at the roundabout (left from the campsite) does chilled beer and a wee can walking home from the town in the sun is great.

Helen
Thanks Helen, I think we have 'virtually' walked up and down a couple of dozen times now using google earth street view.... :)
The street view doesn't take you right into Estartit town (well the last time I checked it didn't)

You'll have a fantastic holiday, you can come and go as you please.

Helen
Thats great, I'm doing a weight loss program at the moment and I've already got a load of circular walks planned out on google earth to try and keep a bit of holiday excess off...
We had a great time, Not at Castell Montgri, stayed at Mar D'Or but not very far away, we had lovely meals, at the Italian near the big roundabout as you come in, at the Mexican and Tapas at Playa Cheers to name but a few. Some great bargains at the market, which takes over the town on a Thurday and some nice souvenirs from the shops in the Town. Did not find prices too expensive either in the supermarket or in the restaurants and bars.
Thats sounds brillient, thanks Karen
Went to CM in May 2006 & May 2007 going back to Estartit in August but to a different site. You will have a great time at CM, its a lovely site, Lidl is a bit of a walk but it is cheaper. The price of the beer on site is not too bad, but cheaper in the town. Someone said town isnt too far, however it seems like a long way when its hot. The harbour area is nice for local restaurants but is a long walk, maybe think about getting a taxi back.

The best thing about CM in my opinion is the kids entertainment at night, which luckily co-incides with the 2 for 1 in the bar.

As previously stated a few words of spanish go a long way. Its a really easy language to learn.
thanks for that, SoH. We have signed up for free online Spanish Language course, its great fun trying to learn, I'm struggling but my 9 yo son is flying..... :que
Loooooooong time since i've been on here!!

There are plenty of great walks to do around the CM and estartit area, you will love it :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.