Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I've found it on Google Earth, thanks. I was going to put a link in for a picture of it but apparently I havn't reached the required number of posts to stick a link in.... :que
Just back after our 3rd visit to CM. Glad to report the ned element seems to have been erradicated and never saw any trouble even after Holland lost in the final. The onsite supermarket is as dear as ever and especially the British price marked products which you can roughly multiply by 3 to get the euro price. We did the bulk of our shopping at Lidl which is not too far to walk.

The free bus into town from the site is now running more frequently i.e. every 15 mins. There is a new Spar supermarket near to where the bus stops and is ideal if you have heavy items to carry back to the site, although you still have to carry them up the hills ;)

The site is still as family orientated and the entertainment was as good as usual. Pint of lager was 3.15 euros

Word on the site suggests that this might be Interbravas last season there.
The end of Interbrava at CM means the end of Interbrava surely???????? That's all they have!!!
Was told by go4spain that they are buying out the Central white area which is interbrava land as of next season but when I rang the interbrava office for next years prices they didnt say anything. Its a real shame if they do go great company to deal with and Alan is a star.
@paradiso. Good to hear about the beer was between 2.85 and 3.25 last year maybe cos we add lime???? People moan non stop that beer expensive but is about right. Have you ever bought a pint at butlins lol. The prices are always slightly higher when u have a captive audience. More importanly who much for the sangria lol. Will be enroute 5 week today and am very excited now. I miss Estartit soo much already planning next year now lol
I don't usually buy much beer onsite as I drink bottles back at the caravan but due to the world cup being on the big screen I drank more than usual. :cheers Happy hour is 6-7pm but extended to 8pm on the night of the final which led to everyones tables being overloaded. :rofl

Had a few meals out at Clancys Bar which were very reasonable and a few breakfasts at Mr Tacos. Usually went to Spirals in previous years but they were late in opening this year and now ran by the daughter.
I remember Don Xiote pub when it DID pander to the Brit invasion

Wonder if Interbrava are just scaling back or if they are giving up altogether? Bit of a shame i have to say!
My understanding was that they were giving up, maybe they are moving elsewhere.
It will be a shame to see them go, my first holiday to Spain was with Redcrest to Calella and we travelled with them many times to CM.

Only reason we didn't use them last year was because of the times they were offering.

Helen
Interbrave don't seem to be offering any dates for 2011 at CM on their website
I think that we have to remember that Interbrava is just a part of K&B Travel, if it's not proving to be profit making then they will just wind up that arm of the company

Withdrawing the coach holidays lost them a lot of people who had been long term regulars since the days of Redcrest and beyond, something that was proven last year when i went on one of their 'limited' coach trips and it was the same people virtually from the previous years gone by. Even though the new 'coach stays in resort' service was better journeywise, you couldn't pick up the same bargains, and the times, etc, were always unappealing to me ... something echoed by several other passengers that year i was there ... only single week hols early and late season.

They had something unique in being a coach company, trying to be an accommodation only company only showed up the fact that you could get better deals with companies already established in that field. Shame if this is their last year, but i have to say i'm not that surprised sadly! :(
Hi could any one tell me the costs of excursions, water parks, theme parks boat trips and meals. I'm taking my freinds son and trying to budget. we will be eating most meals in the caravan but will want to eat out a few times. Any advice would be great x
I think the Barcelona trips are 50 euro for 12 yrs and over.
Anyone going this year?

We're considering going next year once our little one has arrived.

Helen
We're heading at the start of July and looking forward to it again
Certainly a bit quieter this year but as enjoyable as ever. Shop still expensive and they put baguette prices up in time for the English holiday rush. The entertainment was similar to previous years and still family orientated with lots of activities organised for the kids.
No Interbrava or Cantabrica and other companies took over Interbrava lodges with KelAir in the Cantabrica areas. Taxis in abundance at the airport with the fare 76 euro in comparison to Siesta asking £100 each way to organise them for you.
Been every year since 2004 bar 2011, We first booked with Haven Europe but the pulled out the following year, we then jumped in with Lifestyle and stuck with them ever since, they are by far the company that offers the "Biggest Bang For Your Buck" In some instances the are half the price of Key-Select-Euro Camp etc and the caravans are just as good if not better. We have always found the site to be brilliant and 3 generations of our family have always enjoyed holidays there. The first three trips we drove with overnight stops which was ok but it does drag on especially the drive home, so we now fly to Girona and hire a car which by the time you work out fuel, tolls, insurance, overnight stops etc there really not that much in it cost wise.

We will be there 2nd -12th September so will do a little write up when we get back :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.