Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Ok ............

What's open on the camp site?

- Well, when we've been there, everything has been opened, with the exception of the La Bassa pool. Although, since i don't use every facility onsite, don't take that as gospel! :lol:

Has the evening entertainment started?

- Aye, the evening entertainment is on at the panorama pool, and the films are showing at l'ombra pool. I think most of the kids clubs, etc, are on too

What about in town, are most shops/bars open?

- The shops are usually all open up Santa Anna, but you find they tend to shut a bit earlier in the evening, especially during the week. Most of the bars will be open, although any time i've been there Jimmy's below the Itaca hasn't been open in mid May :(

The very handy Lidl supermarket is always open too! :)
Oh, and i'm pretty sure that first week we were there, Jocs was only open at the weekend, but 2nd week it was open fully, although i'm not 100% sure on that!!
Hi

Thanks for that, I'd better get the kids packed!

(Oh, after I've booked of course)
Remember to leave an airhole for them then ;) :lol:

Are you off again this year, Diane? When are you going?
I'm not going anywhere this year, got to much training going on, I had this crazy idea last year that this year I wanted to do the Great North Run, (or similar)

Next year were looking at going to Salou, June/July with Siesta of course :) Looking at either Cye appts since there are only 2 kids going this time or the Salou La Siesta camp site.

I know one of the travel agents around here also do some good deals on the theme park tickets so I'll need to keep a watch our for those, might as well buy now

Ill leave some feedback here once the kids are back from holiday, for mum this is the fist time she's done a coach tour so this mini break should be good and considering what you get for the price, I may even be tempted to join them :)
Is there a money exchange on the site, cash machine, and is it better to take Euro travellers cheques
Hi

You can change money on the camp site and there are 2 cash machines available to use. One at the entrance to the camp site on the receptions wall and another at the public phones but these are only open at times when the phones are open.

I always find with the camp site you don't get a good exchange rate and they do take commission.
I have to respectfully disagree! :lol:

I've always taken Sterling travellers cheques, which i have cashed onsite for a good rate and no commission ... ok, there may be better rates advertised downtown, but they always whack on some charge that means that i've never found the campsite to be beaten on price! However, if you take Euro travellers cheques, you will get charged onsite (at least that was the case last time i was there) meaning that you are really being charged twice ... once to convert your money to euro travellers cheques at the current rate in the UK before you leave, and then charged again on holiday .. not recommended!!

As for cash machines .. can't really comment as i don't use them, however, i've always been under the impression that their charges and rates are not as good as traveller cheques
Hi

I just thought I'd put a wee post in here.

Were going on the 15th of May this year and one of the concerns I have was the full campsite facilities and entertaiment won't be open.

Problem solved.

I just had a mail from CM stating the campsite fill entertainments programme and all the facilities open on the 14th May.

Cant wait to go :)
Just to back up what CM said, virtually everything was open on site last year during the 2 weeks before half term. The only thing we noticed were the pool at the top of the site, and the big water slide was closed.

The cash machine was out of order for the whole 2 weeks we were there, but on the way into town there is cash machines at jocs (which was closed as well) and at the supermarket by the roundabout (which was great).

The best thing about this time of year is that its really quiet by the pool during the day and you get served quick in the bar or restuarants. I know loads of people have complained about the prices of food and drink, but its still cheaper than the uk, and if you go into town its even cheaper.
Spot on Son of Homer .... it's great to walk up to the panoramic pool at 9 or 10am and find you have it all to yourself :)
I still think their drink prices are OTT though, but hey, it's your holiday and it's only two weeks! :D
Castell Montgri thread has been quiet for a few weeks now !!!

Only 4 weeks to go for me, everything booked now, car hire, car parking. Can't Wait :lol:
Same here Son Of Homer

1 month and counting!

Have you been before?
Diane, Yep - we went same 2 weeks last year. First 2 weeks of the season, it was perfect for us because it was quiet until the last couple of days and the weather was just right for our 1 year old, who is 2 now.
I might be joining you all!

Interbrava are still doing some pretty good deals where they choose the accom, and i might just be tempted to go for one of them! :lol:
... and i will be joining you

Just booked a nice supersaver deal for £338 all in :) Ok, they choose your exact accom, but it's all good, and they asked my preference anyway since it's the first trip out, so i might end up exactly where i want to be!

... so if you see a rather chilled out Scotsman lying on a big Lion Rampant towel by the pool, you will know who it is!! :lol:

Son of Homer ... PM me, i'd like to find out more about car hire in the area
Not going to CM as they don't do Camping Cheques but will trip out to L'Estartit in a couple of weeks

Will visit the Mexican cafe at least whilst we are there

We will be down the road at Pals
:shock: I need the name and the artist of the song that (to me) kinda sounds like 'MOYAMARITA' the dance routine goes something like:
One hand in front, cross other hand over, then other hand goes by your head, other hand by your head, with hands by head you wiggle down then up, then you clap your hands three times. Thats all i can remember!
It's needed for a play I have written which is set in spain. Thanks to anyone who can reply!
lRoyal-Murkz
hi

Looking at the dancemoves and looking at last years holiday video is sounds like the Macarena http://www.kids-partycabin.com/macarena_dance.html

Wonder what this years kids dance craze is going to be, that is if DJ Mark has updated his play list.

Lets just hope its not the Eurovision song!
DJ Mark?

You mean DJ 3 Songs, surely? :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.