Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Thanks for that. If you use http://www.cruisecompete.com to get quotes and book through a US travel agent they will apply price drops up until final payment. After that you should get an upgrade. You can also cancel free of charge with many of them

If you haven't done so already, it would be appreciated if you could update our Cruise Reviews page by clicking on the link at the top of the page.

Thanks

luci :wave
Interesting. We did a transatlantic in November/December, going out on the Eclipse and returning on the Queen Mary - absolutely fabulous. A week before we were due to make the final payment the price dropped £100 pp but we couldn't get the TA to budge. To rub salt into the wound, a couple of weeks later (after final payment) the price dropped a further £200 pp!

What I would like to know is who benefitted from the £600 we had paid before the price drop?

Having said all that, I'm not really grumbling; the original price was ridiculously cheap anyway, it just niggled a little that we could have either had a better cabin or perhaps OBC, and anyone who booked last minute got themselves a fantastic holiday at a giveaway price.
Thanks for the tip.
Yes, I have used cruisecompete before and had a great price through them
I thought the US TAs are not allowed to accept Brits any more.
I think there is a different price structure for Americans as compared with the UK market.
When I was looking at some US TA website (I think smartcruiser), I found the prices of the inside cabins were more than double the USD equivalent of £918.
Next year, I won't book so far ahead.
How times have changed.
I never used to think of 6 months as being too far ahead to book a cruise.
However, with the difficult economic times we have now, I think it makes sense to wait till nearer final payment time.
Last year, when I was on the Azura, I thought I had a good deal at £65 per person per night for an inside cabin.
That is, until a couple sat with us one morning at breakfast and told us what they paid. I seem to recall they were paying about £45 per person per night. Unfortunately, I forgot the name of their travel agent. They had been on over 40 cruises and spend peanuts. The TA contacts them within a week of sailing with fabulous bargains.
Only certain cruise lines prevent people from outwith the US to book with a US agent.

Certain cruise lines prohibit US travel agencies from selling cruises to non-US or non-Canadian residents / and or citizens. The list of those cruise lines includes but may not be limited to: Costa, Holland America, Oceania, Princess (except Mexican citizens who may book through Cruises-N-More), P&O and others

I had a booking with a US agent, but NCL have constantly been having sales and were over £100pp cheaper so I cancelled and rebooked.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.