General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Astraeus is a leasing company and a subsidiary of an Icelandic company. They have bases at LGW and MAN I think. The have a fleet of mainly Boeing 757 and 737's. We booked a BA shuttle from LGW - MAN and ended up on an Astraeus aircraft.

Mint is a Spanish leasing company that has 2 Boeing 757's.

Most aircraft are leased anyway, it's just if they're on a long lease they get liveried in the relevant colours.

Both companies have websites if you google them.
Going by the lack of and standard of Thomas Cooks legroom and catering we have experienced in the last couple of years I would say it could only be an improvement ;)
I have flown with Astreus before..on a trip to Egypt from Manchester a couple of years ago. The plane was very tiny and there was no entertainment what so ever..not even radio's. Most people stood up for most of the flight as soon as we were allowed as it was that cramped.

I have never heard of the other people.
I did google them but their websites dont really tell me much.
It's ok I'm only going to Tunisia from Newcastle so not a long flight, thanks goodness.
I have just never had this happen before. Just hoping nothing else changes for this holiday, already changed the date due to TC cancelling flights on Wednesdays.
Oh Justval I hope its not too tiny a plane, as far as entertainment I wasnt expecting any on our flight anyway so thats ok. I don't usually watch it, prefer to read a book
We've had the same email :(
When do you fly ?
mackem67

As I mentioned previously Astraeus fly 737's and 757's so neither exactly 'small' though the 757 are bigger than the 737.
Astraeus and Mint offer the same inflight facilities as what Thomas Cook did so there's no change really other than the name on the side of the aircraft.

Darren
bit of a coincedence here - a few weeks ago we had a complaint that Thomson flights from Newcastle to Tunisia had been dropped and the passengers transferred to existing TC flights. Now TC are saying they are increasing flights but everything going at same times with same flight numbers (so where's the increase?). I can't help feeling that there is something deeper going on here and the word cartel keeps drifting into my mind!
Nursey we fly on August 21st, was originally 17th Wednesday but they cancelled the Wednesday flights form Newcastle

Thanks sunaddict, ours will be a Mint aircraft according to that table
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.