Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Have you tried telephoning the hotelier directly to see if this is indeed the correct story? You may even find that if he hears that you are a loyal customer of his apartments and of your predicament with your daughter and that you may have to go elsewhere - then he may agree to allow Airtours to use one of these one bedroom apartments from their allocation for your stay.

Not sugesting that this has happened, BUT - it is no secret that Airtours/MyTravel have been renegotiating their contracts with hoteliers. This could have been a guarantee contract with the Seaview Apartments (where they block buy and pay for an allocation of rooms) which because of Airtours recent issues they have scaled back in size - therefore possibly returning these one bedroom apartments to the hotelier. That is another reason why they also may no longer be available to you, as an Airtours customer.
I would go for the refund. When are you going? Perhaps you can book flights and accomodation yourself. If you haven't done this before try a new post asking for help. There are loads of people here who will have done DIY to Ibiza who can point you in the right direction. It is a poor show from Airtours if they can not even offer alternative accomodation. I would be worrying what else would go wrong.
i have booked to travel 22 July 05. Just rang Direct Hols and they said they have 1 apartment left for that date. But no flight from Manchester how come they still have rooms when i haven't got one, that was booked last May? And all airtours say is cancel and have a full refund
Direct holidays is part of the MYtravel group why not point out to where you booked the holiday that Direct holidays have the availabilty of the room you require and see if they can give you that in place of the original one. Failing that get the refund and book the room and do a diy flight through a low cost airline.
Pally I have replied to your PM to me but I just found your post here. I was never told that the hotelier has given all rooms to VIPs. Ironically we are actually VIP members as we have stayed in a sirenis hotel before but airtours werent aware of this. If you have used sirenis before its easy to become a VIP (free). http://www.sirenishotels.com/

We were in a very similar position - our daughter is 16 and doesnt want to share with mum and dad (nor us with her actually!).

Make sure you get some answers from them. Let me know if you want any more info.
panorama also do the sv country club. try cancelling with airtours and re-booking with pano. if you kick off enough i think they may consider giving you 2studios than loosing the booking!!! whats the difference in price cant the travel agent use a discount to get you the 2 rooms??? thats what we do in our shop!! try calling airtours yourself 07812412567 option 1 and then option 5. goodluck
Traveller, I was interested to read your comments about Airtours renegotiating their contracts with hoteliers, as we have just had our holiday to Italy cancelled less than six weeks before we were due to go due to 'contractual issues'. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has had a similar experience.
There are a few postings on the site regarding customers of MyTravel/Airtours having changes to their holiday accommodation.

MyTravel have been scaling back their operation and renegotiating contracts with hoteliers in order to try to re-organise their business. Guarantee contracts are renegotiated - often cancelled or allocations reduced, or hoteliers simply get fed up with working with their company as perhaps payments are not as timely as they should be and then the supplier cancels the contract with the operator.

Sadly what this means is upset and disruption for their customers. Flights might be consolidated and accommodation changed. All rather unfair.
you are not alone. check out "airtours complaints" on this site and poat your topic. Lots of advice on hand. I would email the hotel and ask them what has happened and yes if direct holidays have a room then ask Airtours to transfer you and do not pay any fees for this.
Blimey!!! Not again!! :bhead
Are Airtours going to carry on doing this to people? What a way to run a business. Don't they understand the effect this has on people? If they are having "business difficulties", surely it makes decent, common sense to stop taking bookings from people for hotels that they may be stopping using or changing room allocations until its all been sorted out or am I just being too logical?
I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever get our holiday........ :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.