Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Cheap bus travel
13 Posts
having just returned from salou and read elsewhere about this multi journey bus ticket...........its a great saving..........for example a single fare paying cash from cambrills to la pineda is 1euro 80 (i.80)............pop into a Tabacs in my instance and to purchase is 10.80............so those 10 journeys cost 1.08 each........then top up say another 10 journeys and you pay 8.90, making a journey cost of .89........as you can see thats the fare halved ..........like member mckenna above said its not widely known.........i did my best to tell others, altho 2 idiots just shrugged their shoulders lol..........you get all types when travelling lol

Harry
i am bumping this to the top in the hope that "shrimper " may read it before leaving for salou next week

harry
Could you go as far as Taragona on a ticket or How far can you go on a ticket?
yes..............On one journey you can use it from salou to tarranona/ salou to la pineda/ salou to cambrills. and of course the one journey on return. I have used it on a single journey from cambrills to tarranonga this year . excuse spelling

harry

ps You may / may not get it elsewhere, but for me it was using the tabacs shops
Sounds very good to me, we were in Alicante early in the year and there tram runs on much the same tickets system.We did manage to go about 15 stations for 1.25 eurus
Hi Harry, we are going on October 15th two adults, two teenagers aged 17 and an 11 yr old. Am I correct in saying that buying a card for approx 10.80E with ten trips loaded, the five of us could get a return trip to Tarragona?, thanks for any advice you can give, Tom.
yes...............Not sure of todays price but that was the price in early may of this year..........and like i added above take that ticket to top it up for another 10 journeys and its a little cheaper again

enjoy salou on the 15th

Harry

ps...........one slight thought comes to mind...........the driver will ask you to scan it above a small box..............once is enough for each passenger...............I did scan mine twice on one occassion thinking it hadnt scanned correctly.
you can't use the 10 trip bus card for Barcelona

Harry
Thanks for the info Harry, Tom.
Having used this great card in the summer.

The price has gone up slightly. When you first buy the card it costs 11 Euros which includes your 10 journeys and when you "top up" it costs 9 Euros for another 10 journeys.

The card is called a "T-10" and we bought ours from a supermarket in La Pineda. Unlike say the Oyster card, the same "T-10" can be used by more than one person. It was simple to work to use, you basically present your "T-10" to the drivers ticket machine/ reader and the machine prints a ticket. Then repeat for the number of people in your party. We often found it easier to tell the driver how many people in your party - in my Dora the Explorer cum Seasome Street Spanish - and show the driver the T-10.

There is a little map on the Bus Plana website http://busplana.com/tarjeta_en.htm but basically you can use it on the public buses and not on the great value Plana tours to Barcelona or the tourist/ hotel bus to Reus airport.

We used the card a few times from La Pineda to Cambrils, Salou, Portaventura and Tarragona and it paid for itself many time over. A fantastic bargain.
being bumped to the top for member dragonBev attention

Harry
Thanks Harry

We use the T10 when we're out there. So cheap and so easy. As we're up in Cap Salou we tend to just hop on the bus into Salou or La Pineada and because it's cheap we don't worry about the cost!!!

We also use the PLana bus from the airport - so easy and convenient and exceptionally cheap. Even my mother at 72 has no fears or worries - straight out of departures on to the bus and again for us it stops and picks us up right outsaide the hotel

:sun2

Counting down to the 4th June!!!
:cheers
Bev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.