General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
That's silly on Ryanair's part, because it's clear that it was a simple mistake when booking the flight.

If however, Adam West wanted to change the name of the ticket to Julia Anderson, then maybe they'll have a justifiable reason for the excessive charge, but still £200+ was like buying 2 more tickets!

Why didn't Adam Armstrong just buy a new ticket? A bit excessive to change your name. I suppose, it only a name.
Yes, I agree , it's a simple mistake that could easily have been rectified , for what was just a backspace/ delete / re-edit that would take 5 secs its a £220 penalty instead !! The argument of reading T&CS and ticking boxes etc etc cannot offset the stupidly ludicrous fee for a mistake , where do they get the the idea that the cost of administering that change should cost £220 ?? If you consider that to be reasonable and fair why not just make it £500 !!! :que its the same reasoning !! Like the days when the bank used to send you a letter and charge you £25 to tell you were overdrawn by £2.50 !! If you commit a parking offence etc you might get a 40 to 80 fine , would you say that 220 is reasonable because it was written in some T&CS somewhere ?

They defend the charge by saying its to stop OTAs buying their tickets and selling at profit if only a small name change fee existed , I think this would easily be detected , and their fee smacks of taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut .its a poor PR defence

I agree its very excessive to change your name to avoid the fee , but that just explains how ludicrous the fee is !! Hey , why not just spend loads of money on launching a PR offensive about how nice and cuddly you really are , copy other LCC best ideas , lock up your CEO inside Ryanair Towers to stop him talking to to the press and then let a simple student who thinks he's Batman remind everyone that Ryanair really are still in a world of their own .
The biggest mistake Adam ( whatever his name is now ) made is not changing it to Michael O'Leary !! He might have got an upgrade :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.