Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Please note that there will be two adults and a child of 11 years going on the trip.

Cheers.
Hi Darren,

I guess it depends on what type of accomodation you want but I have to say when we went ito Agia Efimia in Sept 04 it was miles cheaper to book a package.

We wanted 14 nights SC and to book independantly it would have been over £1000 for the two of us, whilst I got a package for around £650. We went twith Olympic.
I found this site had quite a lot of info on and it's got message board so you can post in the Scala topic and someone will help you with accommodation -
http://www.justkefalonia.co.uk

Good luck.
Yes, package really is cheaper, try Olympic & Kosmar they are cheaper and go from regional airports as well.
We go from Bristol which is far better then Gatwick.
Child wise I would say go for Lassi as it is fairly central for travelling, hire a car but not from tour operator as they are expensive, Greekstones is well recommended.
we go to Kefalinia a lot we fly independantly as we always stay in Lixouri which a lot of tour operators don't cover, it's not a cheap Island to go to but if you are not bothered where you stay you will have to shop around the travel agents for special deals as thats the only way you will get there cheaply
You could always book a last minute 18/30's to Laganas and hop on the ferry. You can get there by bus from Zante Bus Station.

(Just tell the rep not to bother waiting for you)
:idea:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.