America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Chicago again!
7 Posts
Excellent, your sorted for Easter, big weight off your mind :tup
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Excellent, your sorted for Easter, big weight off your mind :tup

Biggest problem I have is that I am awa on a one week school French trip until the 27th and we fly out at 6am on the 28th! Mrs H is going to go ballistic when she finds out!
Ah just pack your case before you go on the French trip. :tup
Or go out and don't think about ;)
Well me and Mrs H had a discussion and I am not going on the French trip! Mrs H was trained by Brian Clough!
In the between holiday slump decided to go on-line and book the hockey tickets. Hawks are having a stellar season and tix are hard to get. Ended up having to get them from the ticket master re-sale site. (marvellous isn't it, not content with ripping people off with the first sale they then resell the tickets you bought off them to someone else and get another ,large, commission)! However all 4 games now certain and tickets printed off (about $900 altogether) A friend has invited us to go and stay with her for a few days. The apartment is so cheap we are happy to leave it empty while we stay with them. Another friend has said he will take us to a Chicago Wolves game while we are there. Wolves are the 2nd Tier ice hockey team in Chicago but their arena is a long way out and a complicated journey by public transport.

One friend who volunteers as a Chicago Greeter has emailed to say that he has produced a walking tour of the Gold Coast and if we book the tour and ask for him then that will be another day sorted. We know this guy quite well and I am sure the tour will include a few bars in interesting locations!

Everything shaping up for a another great stay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.