Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There are shops in Icmeler that seel L & B with the orange duty stickers on them, I have bought them and found them to be genuine. They usually cost 35 Lira which is slightly cheaper than the airport. So not every shop is selling fakes.

Steve
Maybe you were just lucky then. I bought some and they were awful!! In fact I threw them away they were that bad. The duty free at the airport is the ONLY safe place in Turkey to buy cigarettes.

Denny
You bought L & M not L & B Uk ciggs are not imported into Turkey!
No I bought L & B I've had L & M over there and they are awful.

Steve
We bought L&B last year in Icmeler they had orange stickers and were fine.
Anybody got any thoughts on the no smoking coming in 19th July, great for some, awful for others including me and OH.
This one applies to bars and restaurants with a roof.
Marg
:yikes thank god this ban wont affect me ;) i come home on the 9th july:haha but i know a lot of folk thats going after me will have to let them wont be pleased :(
To be honest I dont think it will ever be enforeced in Turkey. They may pass the law but I can't see it actually being enforced by Police as the saying goes smoke like a turk. The Turkish people just wont abide by it.

Steve
Since a few of you think you purchased genuine Lambert & Butler kindly point everyone in the direction where you purchased them?
The shop below Icmeler Online offices next to chill bar.

But I buy packs of 20 from shops they have the orange stickers on, so they are genuine and legally taxed.

Steve
rwb46

I bought mine on the plane (ONUR AIR ) They smoke like the real thing,

I did buy ( in Marmaris ) 20 pack L + B with the ORANGE tag on it , and was told not fake because of the orange tag !!!. They were fake ..!!
If Turkey can copy just about anything..!!! Then they can easily copy a SMALL ORANGE LABEL that will match the new system.
I only had to buy 20 l+b cause I forgot my duty free that night.

:cheers

Gink :sun2
We bought ours in Icmeler in the little shop next to the Sevgi Bar, used to be the the Famous Old Kitchen. We also bought them to bring home from a shop opposite the Tansas which were a bit cheaper. They were fine at both shops and had the orange label, a single pack was bought first and then later a carton.

We only bought one carton each to bring back as we had been warned at Manchester Airport a few years ago about bringing back more than two hundred each. :(
Interesting replys considering they are not imported into Turkey, Now take a look in the large supermarkets for these so called real Lambert & Butler and tell me if you see them being sold in Migros or Tansas note they sell ciggs right at the Tills so you cant miss them, Now really if they were real these two supermarkets would be selling them also, I might also add here ciggs prices are the same all over turkey so you wont find brand a cheaper elswhere, If you do then they are lets just say Fake.
Sorry
But are you trying to say that L + B that are sold on the ONURAIR FLIGHTS ARE FAKE :que

:tup :que :whoops
ginkster wrote:
Sorry
But are you trying to say that L + B that are sold on the ONURAIR FLIGHTS ARE FAKE :que
:tup :que :whoops

I cant see where I tried to say that :D
RWB46. I am afraid you are wrong. Lambert and Butler (L&B)do import into Turkey as confirmed on their website.

http://www.lambert-and-butler.co.uk/international_availability/
Yes you are correct neknit, And they now have 1 official stockist in Icmeler, ASLAN SUPERMARKET - MUSTAFA ASLAN,SAHIL YOLU CAD. NO : 24/A ICMELER - MARMARIS, (right near AQUA HOTEL).
Imformation supplied from Imperial tobacco for ciggarette Lambert & Butler which in Turkey is called just L&B.
I see lots of you mention about buying cigarettes in dalaman airport, would we be able to do that in bodrum airport too, buy them when you arrive in turkey in duty free ?
Many thanks
Yes, there is a duty free shop in Bodrum airpost just by where you pick up your suitcases from.
Yes you can purchase 600 on the way into Bodrum, Note you will need your passport to purchase them, Depending who you are flying with it might be cheaper buying them on the Aeroplane.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.