Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I think there's one on the main little street, but if not you can always hop on the bus to the next resort. Nowhere is far away in Menorca as it's a quite small island. I really liked Menorca but we haven't been back for a long while. :tup
There was a Tabac in Cala Galdana when I was there last October, it is as Glynis says on the main street. From what I remember I think it was next to the perfume shop. There is just a small row of shops so you can't miss it. Hopefully it has reopened this year as most of the shops close up over the winter months.
Thanks for the replies. Will have a very cranky husband if he can't get any. Just wondering when we've been to Cyprus and Turkey we were able to buy at airport on arrival. Can you do this at Mahon airport?
I can't remember if they are available to buy at the arrivals at the airport , but I don't think so .
We were in CG a few years ago and there was no Tabac shop , the word was one was going to open but they have to have a licence and cigarette sales are very regulated in comparison to say here in the UK , none of the general grocery stores sold them , the bar near the beach had a vending machine and he had to click a remote for every packet you wanted to buy !! We caught the bus to Ferrieres ( spelling ) and there was a Tabac there , the same as when in Cal n Bosch last year , there was a closed tabac and there was 2 Tabac in Cuitadella which is also a lovely place to walk around and have lunch there .

BTW , Cala Galdana is a lovely resort , very attractive and great to walk around
Thanks Andy. Really looking forward to it. :)
Just back from Cala Galdana. Yes there is a tobacconist. It is next to perfume shop and yes it was open. THanks for all replies :)
Thanks for the update Debs :tup

How was your holiday? I hope you all had a great time. It's been a few years since I was there.
always get your fags from the shops airports charge more.plus place an order in when you get there.as in winter months they can run low or out of stock.at least ordering them it gives them time to get them in for you.
There is a Tabac in Cala Galdana, but like all beach resort Tabacs it has a temporary three month licence, probably mid/end June to mid/end Sept.

If you want tobacco products out with that time you need to go to the inland towns like Ferreries, Alaior, Es Mijorn, San Climent etc where the locals are, as they are licensed all year. Also the two city's, Mahon and Ciutadella.

All else fails they had a big selection at Mahon airport in departures but they cost slightly more than in the Tabacs. All Tabacs charge the same price as it is regulated by the Spanish Government, so no point shopping about.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.