Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
There is no such thing as an allowance now, though the recommended allowance was 3200 cigarettes and 3kg of tobacco plus cigars etc.
It no longer has to be just for personal use and can be brought back as gifts, though not for "payment in kind".

Superkings €30
Lamberts €29.50
B&H's €31

GV €45 (10x50g)
Drum €38 (10x50g)
Turner €20 (10x40g)

Robby :wink:
We are going to Santa Susanna in two weeks and was wondering if there are any tabac shops near the royal sun hotel or any in santa susana at all and if they carry a decent stock ciggs eg. 32 cartons of jps.

Any info is much appreicated

Donna
:que
We popped into Santa Susanna and there were plenty of shops so am sure there's one there :tup
There are two main tabac shops I know of.
One is across the main road from the Royal Sun down some steps,the other is at the end of the road where the English bars are situated on the roundabout.Do not know what stocks are kept
Hi Legospice. I've just come back from Santa Susanna. If you come out of the Royal Sun hotel and turn right towards Malgrat, there is a tabac shop about five minutes away just down a short flight of steps. It is very well stocked, and i'm sure they will be able to supply all that you want. P.S Dont forget to ask for some freebies, i got a bottle of whisky, and loads of cigarrette, papers and lighters etc. Enjoy your hol. Bill.
Thank you for the directions and the info guys, i will remember and ask for some freebies, as mother always says "you dont get if you dont ask".

Donna :tup
Don`t ask for lighters, they will be confiscated at the airport. I think you may be allowed two per person
Can you still buy smokes in Vending machines & supermarkets or do you have to goto the 'Tabac?'
some pubs still have vending machines, but they are usually controlled by the bar staff as they have to ascertain that you are of an age to buy them.
i know some of the smaller shops still sell cigarettes, but there are a lot of fakes about -which you dont get in the tabac's- so if you do buy there make sure they have the government stamp on them;
im going to gerona in july, can anybody please help. does anyone know any tabac shops which accept credit cards. the nearer to the airport the better but dont mind travelling to lloret or anywhere else. many thanks
Can anyone tell me prices of cigarettes :sun2 and tobacco in spain please?
try here
prices are the same all over spain.
Hello
Im going to estartit in june and wondering where i can buy cigarettes and roughly what the prices are like.

thanks
Plenty of shops to buy them from in Estartit, but as a non-smoker don't ask me about prices!
Thanks all, cant wait to get there, getting more excited about hols now the weeks are flying by
Just got back from Spain, all be it a litlle further south than Costa Brava, and thought I would just up date this post. I was shocked at the huge price hike in tobacco. Lambert and Butler 33 euros and rolling tobacco 4.5 euros for a 50g pouch. At the end of May this year, only 8 weeks ago, I paid 2.5 euros for Amber leaf!!
yes, all cigarettes went up 10% a couple of montha ago :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.