Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Had a look could not see a thread running, apologies if there is. I am going to Costa Brava in a couple of weeks - son would like me to bring him some back have you any idea on prices of english cigs please - when i bought them on the cruise they were very very cheap, but I have been told that prices in Spain have gone up a lot.

Could you help please

Thank you
Hi Miss Pink ... this price list may help:
http://eurochange.es/seccion/en/prices/2/_table

I have merged your post with this previous topic, just in case there is any other info of interest to you.

David :wave
No problem Miss Pink. But it is only 15 months since someone last posted in it, so not sure how you could have missed or forgotten about it. ;)

David :wave
Just thought I would update this when I was in Pineda, Costa Brava the Price of 200 Super Kings Blacks was 39Euros which my son tells me is swtill quite a bit cheaper than in the UK. Also at the airport the price was higher at 44 Euros so worth bearing in mind if you are getting them to purchase before you get to the airport.
can l bring menthol and ordinary cigarettes back as part of my allowance or must they be the same type
thanks
The guideline allowance is for personal use or as a gift, ie no payment. They are more likely to accept that they are for personal use if they are all the same brand. However I supposed you could have different brands if they were gifts.

luci :wave
in theory you can bring back what you want.

customs in the uk think 3200 is enough for anyone, so if you have more than that you are expected to be able to explain why you have more.

there is nothing to stop you bringing back different brands, but again customs will expect you to explain why you have them.

you are able to bring back ciggies as a present, but customs do seem to take a lot more interest, and ask a lot more questions, if you have different brands. they will be trying to determine if they really are for a present or if they are being used as a payment for services -like you giving them to a dog/house sitter.

check the uk customs regulations

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&propertyType=document&resetCT=true&id=HMCE_PROD_008546

edited to amend link
I usually scoff at people asking the price of cigarettes and tobacco , but here I am asking the same question , we were on a cruise in October and I bought cigarettes on board and paid £30 for 400 Richmond (blue packet) and hubby paid just under £20 for 5x250grm golden virginia tobacco so I am wondering how much prices compare.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.