Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
they do vary from place to place.
there is a shop in the safari centre, in front of parque de la paz strip, that is very reasonable for all cigarettes and tobacco. in august last year we paid 14 euros for 200 richmond superkings.
hope this helps.
tracey
Can anyone tell me what the price is for 200 Richmond or Mayfair cigarettes in playa las americas
Hi,

I'll be spending about a month in Playa de las Americas and was wondering where the cheapest place to buy cigarettes is, and what kind of price should I expect for Marlboro Lights. When I was there in January, there was a shop (next to a sex shop, if I remember correctly) in a small shopping area near Colon apartments that was selling them for around 15 Euro for 200, but I was told there was somewhere to get them cheaper.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
  • Edited by David 2009-04-19 21:16:31
18ish in a regular shop..... i buy from makro at just over 15
in PDLA where is the cheapest Amber leaf tobacco?

Dawn :cheers
Worth noting that the seafront shop in L.C. which advertises "Bloody Hell prices on cigarettes" is a con. We thought we were getting a real bargain there compared to the price in other shops, but fortunately we had worked out the amount we had to pay according to the prices on the 200 packs. At the till my husband said the amount to pay was wrong, but the guy said "oh, but we have to add on taxes". Well he lost a sale as we did not like their way of pricing. I wonder how many people have paid up not realising that taxes are added on?
thats the first time ive ever heard that....think they saw you coming mate!
last time i bought ciggys (last year) it was a small shop just outside the cc center in pdla i think it was underneath a car rental place. he showed and warned me some snide sleves what other shops are selling aswell. the other shops in the cc center had big signs out side claiming to be the cheapest on the island. and they of course wasn't, they wouldn't even price match. one shop even tried to up the price thinking i couldn't add up trying to charge me 500 euros for 30 sleeves at 15 euro a sleeve. he said i give you discount and wanted an extra 50 euro :rofl

yes i know before i get a slapped wrist we are only allowed 200 ciggys each to bring back. ;)
Hi,Hairy Hamster. We were pricing Regal King size and Royals in lots of places. Mostly, the Royals were about 12 euros and Regal about 18.95 euros. This shop had the prices on the packs and on the shelves Royals 9.something euros and Regal 14.something euros. We told a guy in another shop that we were going to get them at these prices in the Bloody Hell shop and he warned us that once we got to the counter they would add on the extra. We didn't believe him but like Little Legs, although we knew we were only allowed 2 cartons we needed 3 for 3 friends. My hubby worked out the total price and as I said before, total price was no bargain at all. If we hadn't worked out the price beforehand we'd definately have been done. No, he didn't see us coming but I bet throughout the season he really does do well through trickery.
1 thing i found out was l&b made outwith britain are not the same as british made ones so beware.
Hi,

Could anyone tell me how much JPS American blend Silver cost in Tenerife now please or how much a local equivalent are. Also if possible could you let me know how much Amber leaf cost.

Many thanks :)
I always buy mine on the plane going out to Tenerife - you know then that they are legit.
My opinion is as you are only allowed to bring back 1 sleeve, it is not worth the bother of shopping around in Tenerife just to save a euro or two but if I could bring back more, then it might be worth it!
Yes the duty free allowance from the Canaries is 200 cigarettes.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.