Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
cigs/tobacco
22 Posts
Quite cheap I belive, but you won't be able to smoke em in bars, pubs, or restaurants as they have a total smoking ban :lol: :D 8) :rofl
not sure about tobacco, but cigarettes in general are LM1.35-LM1.60/pack, depending on brand (I believe a particular brand are the same price everywhere)
hi . do you have to smoke outside the bars/resturants ? can you smoke around the pool? thanks
It is against the law to smoke in bars, pubs, restaurants and government buildings, but you can smoke if you are in the pool but only if you are under water :rofl
good idea i,ll pass the idea on to the wife
hi there :wave Just got back from Sunny Malta And I thought that I would inform you all about the smoking ban. :smokin
Smoking is totally banned in all public areas. The bars have extended their outside space into the roads to make more room for the smokers. The bars are nearly all empty but it has created a good 'street bars' atmosphere
:bow to the Maltese Government for giving us non-smokers the opportunity to go out for a drink and a nice meal without running the risk of damaging our health or our clothes smelling like ash trays, thanks for the up date Charliegirl.

Sliema2
quite right Sliema2
Got back from Malta yesterday. Had a wonderful time as usual!! One problem with the no smoking ban is that people come out of the restaurants for a cigarette between courses and if you are eating outside you are then subject to their second hand smoke.

Also the outside tables are frequented by smokers (usually heavy smokers who smoke between mouthfuls not just between courses!!!) and this did affect our enjoyment of some meals as we prefer to eat outside while we have the chance.
Hi Mandy, thanks for the update, I had a horrid feeling that this was going to happen, it looks like us non-smokers can't win until there is a full ban on smoking in all public places including in the streets, out of interest where did you stay in Malta ?.

Regards
Sliema2
We stayed at the Gillieru Harbour. It is our 10th time there!!! I am going to post a review this weekend. As has been reported before it had gone down hill a bit (still a beautiful location though) but it has been revived. New mattresses, no holes in the sheets, towels a lot better. It has always been extremely clean and the staff are the same old faces from seven years ago.
Hi does anyone know the price of L&B cigs ? Do the ciggy shops charge commision if you use a visa card. Thanks
Hi Imp, are you aware that Malta has a smoking ban in all public places ?, including bars, restaurants, banks, public transport, and all government buildings and museums etc.
Hi Imp, are you aware that Malta has a smoking ban in all public places ?, including bars, restaurants, banks, public transport, and all government buildings and museums etc.

:hmmm you can still buy them though Sliema, just can't smoke the smelly things :lol:
Just updating Imp Graham, I would hate to see a dear smoker dissapoimted :wink:
Yes I know about the smoking ban they had it last time we went. I dont smoke they are for my hubby and son :)
Hello all, yes the fumes from the fags are all outside, so what with the fumes from the busses and old cars there is no need to have a fag just go out side and take that good fresh Malta air. :twisted:

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.