Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
There is a small (but very good prices) duty free shop at Maleo you could buy some before youre return flight home.

Be aware though that sometimes (and I am talking only sometimes), boats and seaplanes are delayed by bad weather which means you could be rushed through the airport and straight onto the waiting plane with no time to stop at duty free. I would also stock up on your outward journey as you certainly won't be able to buy it whilst in the Maldives.
i would suggest you stock up, and you can get some at the airport, also depending on your island and if it is close to Male you could always pick some up on a trip there, we were at Club Faru and the bar staff would go into male in the evening and were quite happy to pick some up with obviously a tip, but it was cheaper than UK
Thanks for you're help, we are going to Sun Island so think a day trip to male might not be an option ,He will have to buy some from Manchester airport and see if theres time at the duty free when we get to maleo.
Susan
Hope you enjoy it ,was our first island 2005 and it was amazing , there are plenty of photos on the this forums ,Maldive album showing the island
Hope you are taking the sea plane as the flight is definitely worth the money -
This is our first trip to the Maldives and we will be on our own without the lads so will be extra special.
Yes we are taking the sea plane as advised on this web site which i have been scouring since the day we booked, so much usefull information. and so many questions like can you buy fresh milk? i always take my own kettle ect as we drink loads of tea and coffee in the mornings.
Susan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.