Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We went to the sister hotel, last year and used the Akti in the evenings as you can use both hotels. We had no complaints. I will try to answer any questions you have.
Brill, thanks John.
Will ask others if there any thing we wanna know.

Lisa
I am curious which hotel reviews you have read, as I was looking at this hotel for my family including 2 boys aged 15 and 11, but was put off by the reports of ants in the rooms.
Please let me know if I am wrong with this decission
I looked mostly on tripavisor.com and although there are some not nice right ups there are some really good ones. Cant be helped now anyway its all been booked.

Lisa
[/url]
Sorry i think I may have got my hotels mixed up, just read reviews again and came to the conclusion it was the entertainment which made me unsure of this hotel. Hope I haven't put you off enjoying your hols. I've read so many reviews on different hotels I'm getting myself confused :?: and am still unsure which hotel to plunge for, I guess everyone has different standards and it does seem to depend on what type of room you get to what opinions are put on the holiday review. I just want a clean resonably spacious room with good food/drink and sporting activites for the kids and if possible near to the beach and not too far out to be able to get around. Maybe I am expecting too much. :wink:
Went to Club Akti 4 years ago with my wife & son, brother & his partner. had a really great time. It was our first ever AI, since that we have been AI twice more and booked AI again next year. Haven't been back to Akti, though, not because we didn't like it but because we like to visit different places.
The Akti has a kids club & entertainment team. Most entertainment is geared up for the kids...a bit boring for adult only groups. Foods was good... no tummy upsets but the menu was a little repetative. Kardemena is only a short taxi ride away. I recommend the occassional trip out for a "sanity" meal. The drinks were plentiful...I recommend ordering a water for each person at the meal table, each meal (as well as your wine etc). The waiters bring a litre bottle of water per person... take these to your room or poolside...cheaper than buying it at the on-site shop.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to answer.
Thanks for the information Templar, much appreicated.
Looking forward to it now, olny 12 weeks to go.

Just one question, as the hotel is by the sea does it get too windy, or is it nice??

Lisa
re the wind, we were there in September last year, it was breezy most days which was fine as when the wind didn't blow it was very hot. We had one day of very strong wind otherwise it was fine. The pools at both hotels are also very sheltered.
Thanks for that John, good to know that its quite sheltered.
Hi Lisa.

I have just arrived home after staying a week at the Akti.
Brilliant week, the hotel food was excellent, some greek meals on the menu, all local drinks free and i can highly recommend the rum also weather was hot around 36C:glynis

We had maids everyday to the rooms they changed our towels daily and sheets were changed every other day.
An air-conditioning option in your room which we needed.
Staff very friendly,hotel is 50 metres from the beach what more can i say,the water was clear however note the beach was a pebble beach not sand.
For trips and days out i can recommend the Dive shop for scuba diving,all other trips here is a tip for you, book in Kardemena not through your rep, it is much cheaper that way.

JASPER007 mentioned an ant problem never saw 1 ant, must have sorted that issue out.

Hope this helps you.

John :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.