Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
http://www.clublacosta.com/index/resorts/43_spain_clcam.htm

is the website for this complex. A good friend of mine landed there by chance in January after their original accommodation was very poor. By the end of the week he had bought a timeshare there and has already been back. he said the place was fantastic. A little out of the way for my liking being the wrong side of the TF1 but as transport is very easy to find it shouldnt pose too many problems.
The approach to he Monteray is up quite a steep hill and is not suitable for those with walking dificulties.
Thanks it good to get some info. I think the place has been refurbished since it was bought. Do you think we will need cars to get around then?
Depends where yo are going - just into centre of town and back is better to use taxis - they are very cheap and plentiful. If you plan on spreading out around the island then a car would be better.Fuel is very cheap Its only about 2 miles from the centre of town and the beach but as allmen said it is the wrong side of the motorway and very hilly.
The CLC Monteray and CLC at Paridise are both going through a rtefurbishment at this time. It is a gradual one as they cannot do all the apartments in both places at the one time. From what I've seen of them they look nice. There is the web site as above post but not sure if you can access the pictures of the apartments unless you're a member. Will try to find out.
Just click on the 360 tours link, on the website mentioned to see video clips of the apartments & the resort - you'll need quicktime installed to play them
Thanks everyone. I see there is a waterpark quite near with a dolphin show so we may visit there. It seems that the apartments are quite near the town so maybe we won't need a car afterall. I'd rather not spend time driving if I don't have too.
hi,

I'd like to hear if anyone has come across these names?

I had a letter sent to me, offering me a free holiday to spain or tenerife.
I had to attend a presentation in Lakeside, for 2 hours, we found out it was Timeshare, and i recieved £50 vouchers for John Lewis.

I refused the Timeshare, but got the vouchers and got the holiday booking form with Sunbreaks. I had to send of £50 per person as a processing fee, and give available dates, 8 weeks apart. I have already sent £200, but read on some other websites this is all a scam.

Id like to hear from anyone who knows anything about these companies. You cannot find Sunbreaks on the website either.
Hi there unfortunately it may happen that the availabilty you require may not materialise as a lot of people are being taken in this way. I have not heard of Sunbreaks but I have heard of the Club La Costa (CLC) and I have a timeshare with them. I did write to them making enquiries about third parties saying they were involved with them in the promotion of their (CLC) timeshare apartments. I received an email informing me that they do not use the tout system and that anyone who is proferring to be from them (CLC) you should have nothing to do with. Club La Costa work on the referral system from people who already have an apartment with them.

If you have paid any money by credit card you may try your bank to see if they can get it refunded back to you.

If you click on the Safe & Sound link at the top of the page this will take you to a booklet by Ros fernihough a lawyer is has experience in the holiday industry and perhaps you could ask her advice. She will not charge you in the first instance for advice she gives and has been used by many members of holiday truths.

I would also ask that you do not post in bold all the way through your topic thanks.
Hi, Club La Costa do actually use the tout scheme (scratch cards). We had an experience with them last August, we were given the tour of apartments and then given the lecture for about 3 hrs on how to join their 'holiday club' (timeshare). Luckinly we had our wits about us and politely refused to join. We have since gone on to invest our money in a more sensible option, we now own our very own apartment on Dinastia in Los Cristianos.
Hi

Club la Costa has been discussed on the timeshare thread on HT. Read these posts and you will have your answer.

Rgds Jackie
We went to a CLC presentation as it was only down the road from where we live - had a most enjoyable evening with lovely coffee and received £65 worth of Argos vouchers - i'd recommend anyone going - just don't sign up to anything and take your vouchers and run!!!! Let us make the easy money for a change instead of the touts!!
I have just received a phone call from "Getmeaticket.co.uk" who duly informed me that I had won a holiday to either Tenerife or Costa del Sol. I was given a ref no and contact telephone no, which I dialled, the person at the other end informed me that my prize was at a holiday club that I had never heard of. I was told that I did not have to purchase anything and would not be pressurised at all do so! I asked what that had to do with winning a holiday? She explained it was a TimeShare resort. This set alarm bells ringing - so I searched on the internet and found this site and the crimeshare site. After reading everyones comments about CLC I definately wont be accepting their offer of a so-called free holiday. My eldest daughter recently won a holiday to Ibiza with Galaxy Radio, she didn't have to fork out extra money for paperwork etc. CLC phoned me back while I was writing this to confirm my surname. I told her that I had found a site that was not very complimentary about CLC. She agreed that there had been negative reports about the club and that it was mainly ex staff or clients who did not qualify!!! Would that be clients who would not be easily parted from their money?
hi,

Thanks for all the infomation people have posted in about Club La Costa & Sunbreak.

Now im wondering if i have made a mistake by sending the £200 by cheque, which they state is non-refundable.

Has anyone had any other bad expereinces with these companies????
Hi All

I am looking for any information regarding location and reviews about Club La Costa at Monterey. I am going there for 2 weeks in Feb 07 and would really appriciate any feedback anyone has. I usually stay in the Vulcano but got a great deal Self Catering so I thought I would give it a go.

Cheers :)
Hi,

Monterey is situated just behind Exit Palace ( Junction 29 TF1) and is right next to the new Siam Park. The only drawback is the steep entrance road to the Resort but when you come back in a Taxi that isn't a problem !!

The Apartments are nicely furnished (especially the ones in the Royale phase) although the 1 bed units in the old phase can be on the small side if there is more than 2 of you going.

A Mini-Market onsite can provide the basics, although the Mercadona at San Eugino would be the prefered option for the big shop.

There is a poolside snack bar open during the day, with the Sunset Restaurant providing the Evening dining should you wish.

A Full Excursion programme is available through reception, there is also a Kiddies club should you need that type of service. Nothing much to speak of in the way of evening entertainment as that is operated at the Larger Sister Paradise Club - i believe there is a mini bus available between the 2 resorts in the Evening but this has to be pre-booked.
I am booked to travel at Easter to the Montery with a couple of girlfriends who are both getting married in July (my treat) just wanting some info on the resort and surrounding area if possible
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.