Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Thanks for the suggestion. Friday arrivals are no good as I already have flights booked for Tuesday 27th December. I thought it would be easy to find accommodation but it's proving more difficult ecause, of course, it's Christmas & New Year and it's filling up fast.
I am going to tenerife at the end of june and staying at the club olympus at garden city can anyone tell me if they know what its like? Also where are the best places to eat and go at night? What is the weather like at that time of year and what excursions do you recommend?
Hi Welsh Emma,

This is only my opinion as I don't know what type of resorts you like to go to but personally I did not like the resort. The reception is on the road but to get to the apartments you had to go up a long service road and they were at the end. There were lifts if you were on the upper levels. The pool and bar were on the opposite side of the service road to the reception. It was not a massive pool but the main thing I did not like was that at a busy time of year the sunbeds are all crammed together. Another thing was that beneath the apartment we were staying in lived the family of one of the people who worked at the resort. Her children (according to the people that ran the bar) used to terrorize the holiday makers kids. My eldest son who was about 13 at the time had just passed his black belt 1st Dan in karate, he went back to the apartment to get a ball and two of these lads pushed him into the lift and followed him in. I will not say any more on the subject other than my son was not the one who came out of the lift with a broken nose. All the people who worked in the bar and snack bar congratulated him and said it was about time someone did something about them. This resort did not offer the normal quality that we get when we have stayed at other time share resorts. There are restaurants and bars nearby but also you will not be far from St Eugino (come out of Garden City turn right) centre where there is an abundance of bars / restaurants. As I said at the beginning this is only my opinion things may have changed.

Rgds Jackie
Hi Emma

I think you will find this complex to be fine; we had a timeshare there before buying our own apatment. That's how much we like the place!
It has two pools; the main pool is heated and can be busy during peak times. There is a gym and small shop on site as well as another small bar "Winning post" that does meals and take out sandwiches. Complex is near to the San Eugenio centre with supermarket below the shops. Good choice of restaurants and entertainment bars on you doorstep, Puerto colon marina is a short walk away. Admiral Travel is just round the corner from the shopping centre and a good agent for trips and money exchange. The weather should be warm and sunny at that time of year8)
Hi Emma

You will have a lovely time at the Club Olympus - Garden City. Everyone has there own stories wherever it may be but I can tell you as an owner on Garden City that I have never ever seen anything like the goings on that a previous lady has posted on, but as I say everyone has there own views.

The complex is patrolled 24hrs a day by security.

I am not sure how anyone can say that the pool is small, it is of a reasonable size with ample room for all. As you are going out of the British holiday season there will be plenty of sun beds and pool area for sunbathing in.

The immediate surrounding area, and up towards the San Eugenie shopping precinct has some nice places to eat and drink. Porto colon which is 10 minuite walk also has some nice bars and restaurants.

Enjoy and come back on here to tell us all about it when you get back.

Regards
Further to the above comments.

As i stated in my post this is only my opinion of the resort and what happened while I was there. I did not say the pool was small, I said it was not massive by which I meant the surrounding area i.e. sunbeds quite crammed together due to the number of them. Also as I said things may have changed which they obviously have because there was no security patrol when we were there. I did not say that the lady who wrote the original post would not like it, I said it would not be a place that I personally would choose to stay at again. Wouldn't the world be a boring place if we all liked and disliked the same things as each other

Happy Holidays
Jackie
Please respect other people views as per the Terms & Conditions.
Thanks for all of your coments. I have stayed in PDLA 2 yers abo so I know the area a bit stayes half bored in the bougaville so didnt really eat out so just wondering about places to eat and if there are any new excurtions?
Has anyone ever stayed here?

I'll merge this with the Club Olympus topic.
Resturant wise you have Gio's, Marfil, Marios, Rossinis just outside Garden City all very nice with a good choice of european food at reasonable prices. For Chinese the Slow boat in Porto Colon is worth a visit and does a 3 course "Banquet" meal for 12 euros. Harleys "theme resturant" is downhill past St Eugens.
I would be typing all night to explain all in the surrounding area 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.