Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi Donny

I think you will find the location is ideal. Situated in an area with a number of family entertainment bars, Pheasant Plucker, Star Bar and Kormaks all just outside the complex with a variety of tribute acts. You got to see Cher / Meatloaf and BwB in Kormacks plus Craig who is an excellent compere.
Onsite there is a poolside bar “Olympus” and a small bar “Winning post” which both serve snacks and meals. Club sandwich just past Kormacks also does nice sandwiches and snacks.
Most bars do cheap drink specials during the daytime.

Loads of good restaurants Rossinis,Marios, Marfil. For chinese the Slow boat in Puerto Colon is very nice.

Waterpark and Skypark nearby. Also near the San Eugenio shopping centre with a large supermarket below the shops.
For trips and money exchange Admiral travel, near the shopping centre is very good.

Could go on forever, hope this gives a flavour of what’s available.
Heading out ourselves this Friday 8)

Lawson
Hi Donny

Stayed at Club Olympus at Garden City a few years ago and the complex was ok although not much in the way of onsite entertainment and food choice. Rooms are excellent as with most timeshares and most had double balconies. As Lawson says there are several bars around and the San Eugine centre is a couple of minutes walk away with lots of shops to keep the girls happy. We found it to be an excellent base as its far enough away from the Strip but also within walking distance downhill to it if you feel the need.

Have a great time as i intend to do when i go to Los Cristianos 4 weeks today.
http://www.sun4free.com/tenerife-holiday-rentals/temp/95f8fbf9e0653a1c0fee3572b5a25042.jpg
Thank you both for your help. I have printed it off to take with us so we know what to look out for. 2 weeks today...!!!!!!!! :fly
Hi Donny7170

what great acommodation and what great location. I agree with both Nezi and lawson. My mate stayed here last year and they loved it. As the other 2 mentioned there are some great bars in this area. here is a link to some of them and where you can find them.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3514&start=0
Hi Donny I can only verify what the others have said you will have a wonderfull time in this destination. We too are going there on Friday 8th july but ours wont be much of a holiday has we have just bought an apartment on there and are going to prepare it for renting out. have fun I am sure you will
I've added this accommodation to our Hotel Review site.

If anyone has stayed here please assist your fellow holidaymakers by writing your review HERE

Has anyone been to these apartments? I've got a map showing most of the apartments and hotels in PDLA and LC but they're not marked. Apparently they're timeshare so probably newish and that's why they're not on there.

Could someone please tell me where they are, name a few hotels etc. nearby and also if they've stayed there, what are they like, did they get pestered by timeshare sellers. I've been told that the apartment isn't timeshare so it shouldn't happened but I just wonder what happens about sharing the facilities if some are timeshare and some aren't. I wonder if the apartment is privately owned as I can't find it in any brochures and only one or two short reviews. Thanks for any help.
Hi

Club Olympus is near to the Bouganville Playa - it may appear on the Hotel map as Garden City.

Haven't stayed - so can't comment on apts
Hi Spindles. Club Olympus is the timeshare section of Garden City and has its own Reception for check-in etc but you share the same pool bar and other facilities. I have stayed 3 times before, as Club Olympus is timeshare the apartments are very nice inside. Garden City are privately owned so condition of them can vary. There are 2 pools, top one a lot quieter. Pool bar is mediocre for meals and rubbish at night but it doesnt really matter as you are close to plenty of bars and restaurants.
From what I can remenber most of the timeshare ones are situated quite nicely, just try not to get one of the ones facing the road above the bars and restaurants, they have a nice view of the sea but lots of noise from bars, traffic etc. I cant remember being pestered by the timeshare reps on there. Complex is about 15 years old I would guess. Depends what you want, can be very noisy around the pool with kids.
These apartments are ideally located, right opposite the Bouganville Playa Hotel. The St. Eugine centre and bars are right on your doorstep.
Time share part is fine but some of the Garden City apartments are private owned and the degrees of comfort vary.
If you are in the Plympus part you should be fine.

8) The Toonman
Thanks very much for your replies. Yes, I've found it on the map as Garden City. The apartment isn't timeshare so must be privately owned. I hope it's still as good inside as some people could be a bit mean with stuff if they think all and sundry will be saying there. Bit concerned about the noise, not that the road noise would worry me as we live on a busy road but I don't go clubbing or anything and I can't stand hearing drunken shouting and stuff (miserable old git!).

Thanks again and any more info gratefully received.
Hi Spindles
Welcome to the HT forum.

Garden City is a well run and well kept resort in a very good location. We used to own a timeshare apt there and now own our own apt.
Reason we bought was because we could see the effort made by the community and Club Olympus to maintain things to a high standard.

I am sure you will have a good holiday there, loads of family bars, restaurants and a good sized shopping centre close by.
8)
Stayed here a few years ago (New Year time) and must agree that the appartments (in the timeshare part) are excellent. Went to have a look at the summer but was put off by the road works on Bouganvilla hill. The are near the san eugine centre with an excellent supermarket under it. If you are in a studio i believe they are a bit on the small side and further up the hill.
Hi Spindles

Garden City /Club olympus is a very nice and friendly complex to stay in and I can tell you, as an owner of one of them, that most of the apartments are kept to a decent standard and they are fully equipped. I have to disagree with Vivien-Marie about the noise in the ones over the road. Very little noise can be heard from the bars and now that the traffic has been reduced vehicle noise is almost non existant, most of those bars close at midnight then there is no noise at all, in fact sometimes its quite amusing to look over the raod and watch some of the activity.

I wouldnt exactly call the pool bar "rubbish", I have to say that Vivien is doing them a disservice, they offer light entertainment and like all places they have some good and some bad entertainers, but they are very friendly people and make everyone welcome.

Spindles enjoy yourself which I am sure you will and please come back on here when you return and give us your own opinion.

Regards

Peter
Spaniard I respect your views as an owner there, however, regarding the pool bar I feel Iam being quite honest in that the food isnt up to much and the entertainment quality is represented by the number of people in there at night ie not many. On one of our visits we stayed in one of the apartments looking over the road and the noise from the Star bar was bad, but it wasnt just that, it was the traffic noise from the road itself that was intrusive - the apartment had double glazing to counteract this but on a hot night I want to be able to sit on my balcony without listening to the compere from the Star Bar doing Bingo every night under me. All I am saying is you have to pick your apartment carefully. the complex itself is in a good position and I am sure people will have a good holiday, just bear in mind there are differences in the apartment you choose. If you book a privately owned one then make sure you see photos of the interior before you book because standards, the same as everywhere, do vary.
my friend stayed here alst year in a private rented apt. It was above the pheasant plucker, but she experienced no noise from the bar below and no noise from traffic.

As for poolside entertainment the bar did ok snacks during the day. Evening entertainement was rubbish, but there are so many bars just outside the complex with great entertainment, i would never want to stay in my accommodation for entertainment.
Thank you all very much for your answers to my initial question. I won't now be staying at Club Olympus/Garden City because the apartment was booked by someone else before I got back to Maestro Vacations. Although I had a chance of another one on the complex, my husband really wanted to stay somewhere closer to the beach. I have made enquiries about Club Atlantis and am waiting to hear whether we've got an apartment there but I'm now concerned about the road works nearby. I've asked a question on the "poo dust street" thread and hope someone can tell me what the latest situation is.
Why not rent a apt in palm beach, right on the beach and brill apts here is a websie which might help you.

http://www.intouch-pb.org/

rental prices ae cheap as well.
Isn't Palm Beach some sort of timeshare place? I wouldn't want to have to sit through a presentation.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.