Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,

My family and I are travelling there in 4 weeks and have just been advised that the hotel Is open and that guests are staying there with H4U. I am still worried as the hotels phone number Is not working and there website. If you find anything else out please let me know I will do the same.

Sarah
Hi

I am also going end of June 09 and i noticed there website is no longer available and they are not accepting phone calls a bit worrying really, Considering i was there last year but after some investigations i was informed they are Closed for Health and Safety issues that are currently being addressed and will re-open beginning of June 09.
Hi,

Thank you for your information, could you please advise where you found the Information out from regarding the closure until beginning of June 2009.

Thank you

Sarah
hi Sarah

Yeah i phoned H4U yesterday and it was them that advised me they said they had received a number of calls regarding the portobello.
Hi,

Did H4U advise that the property was closed until June 2009?

Sarah
my daughter was staying at the keskin next door to the portobello last week and its still closed.
Club Portabello did open up beginning of June,but was closed while we was out there on 12th June,everybody had to get out,those booked with tour operator were moved to an all inc hotel,we had friends that had booked direct and were out on the street with 3 young children and baggage and had to find somewhere else to stay.On the day they had to get out there was no water or electric.
  • Edited by Fiona 2009-06-22 16:01:39
    edited to delete possible libel
They are still closed today, Although staff are still living in their appartments with no electric or water.
what a pity about this hotel
we stayed there back in 2005 & 2006 when it was very popular, with all beds around both main pools fully taken.
We now stay next door at the Alize, and every time we walked past there wold be one person in reception and all the keys hanging up.
yeah it is a shame, we stayed there in 2006 and had a great time. We did consider going back this year so im glad we didnt..
im suppose to be going but by the looks of things im doubtful it will be open. i contacted my travel agent today because they havent even informed me! they said they will call me back when they have contacted the hotel i hope it reopens by july 24th fingers crossed.
So what will H4U do to passengers travelling when its shut??
its awful that the travel agaents havent contacted customers though!!
My family and I were one of the family's that were unfortunatly due to stay In the Portobello, we travelled on the 12th June 2009 and was allocated to a different property. The Portobello re-opened on Saturday 20th June 2009 and H4U had guests going In on the 24th June 2009, we arrived back this morning and the Portobello was definatly open when we left In the early hours.
i pitty anyperson staying at this place i won't even call it a hotel i was there last year , the place was scruffy then the pool was dirty some of our party had to pay a small fortune at doctors. rooms we were showed to were filthy but we held our ground until we were moved to the reception block my party had been booked for over a year and they thought they could just shove us anywhere but we did not budge from reception until we were sorted. hand rails were bust i could go on but just look at the reviews on this place . not trying to spoil your hols just making you aware.... i never complain about hols......change now
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.