Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Has anyone stayed at the club portobello Marmaris recently???? Read both good and bad reports. :?
Hi jacsgee. Didn't actually stay at the portobello this year, but we did go for a walk around to have a look at it as we have had many good holidays there. The only thing i didn't like as i looked around was that there are now 2 main bars with entertainment and they both want you to go in their bar. You get hassled enough out on the street without getting it in the hotel !!!!. It was very quiet while we were there in june.
We have stayed at the portobello 5 times and always enjoyed it.
where abouts is the portobello is it near the Gima centre???
About a ten minute stroll. Out the back of Portobello, head down via the back streets to the main Marmaris / Icmeler road, turn left and you can't miss it.

Wilson :wink:
hi has any one been to the first choice block if so what are the rooms like was suppose to go this year but had to put aside for nxt all booked now would love any feed back like to be organised due to a bad experience cheers. :lol:
We are off to the Portobello Appartment on the 6th of August and I have just received a letter from first choice saying that iam not in the new block which i 1st booked for, but in the old block which i was not happy about. So first choice told me that the rooms have now been refurbished to superior standards and fee air con. This is the first time I have been to the Appartment so iam starting to get a bit worried is this place ok.
Did anyone else get this letter about the rooms not sure if iam going to complain. (what is the Rep like there to talk to ?) Anyway glad to hear the Alize is next door went there a couple of years ago that was great.
Its allways the same when you go to a new place you want to make sure your family have a nice holiday. Sarah xxxx 8th time in Turkey cant get enough :hyper
hi we went last year and most of the old block were done to a good standard and the rest of the old blocks were supposed to be finshed in feb for this year,if this is correct you have nothing to worry about mate,have a great time
Is anyone arriving at the appartments on the 6th August unfortunatly were will be there at 4.00am in the morning, get a bit of sleep then down to the pool, I hope this place people dont come down early hours to put towel of the sun beds i hate that :bhead so unfair.
is anyon eoff to the Portobello in the 6th august
I have just come back to the Portobello appartments in Marmaris and was not happy at all - i would like to warn people before they go - you can PM me.
Hi there,

I am going to the club portobello in Marmaris next June. Can anyone tell me what these apartments are like and also are they still open? I read on a website that they closed due to Bankruptcy! Is this true! What can I expect?
Hi
When we were at the Club Alize (next door) at the beginning of October the Portobello was closed. I just assumed it was because it was near the end of the season.
Hi,

Has anyone heard what is happening with the Portobello? None of the tour operators seem to be offering them, although their website is still up and running.

STILL haven't made a decision over where to stay in June/July yet. Swithering between Antique Palace, Club Excelsior and also possibly the Portobello depending on whats happening with them. SIL is staying across the road in the Keskin while we are here so these are a possibility.

Thanks

Catherine x
Forget the comment above about the Tour Operators, i've just found first choice selling them! :duh

Still seems a bit strange that no-one on any of the forums has mentioned being booked for this year though. :think I've emailed them for a price so will forward on any info that I get.

C x
Hey Scottish Mum

Me also a scottish Mum! I'm booked up to go to the Portobello in June this year, I am really worried because of what ive read (bankruptcy etc), I emailed holidays 4 u, who i'm booked through and they assured me that everything is fine with the hotel!

Can you keep me posted with anything you happen to hear? I have two small kids really looking forward to the holiday, but i'm a bit apprehensive!

Kelly K
Hi Kelly,

Sure I'll post whatever I find out.

I saw holidays 4 u had them, but I need a 2 bed apartment and also just need the accommodation not the package. From what I can see they only have one bedrooms.

This place has 60 two bed apartments, SOMEONE must be selling them!!! I hope someone in the know in marmaris will come and along and give us some info.

When in June are you going Kelly?

Catherine x
Hi all,

We stayed next door to the portabello in sept 07 and they were having major problems there. I asked the first choice reps what was going on as i had stayed in Portobello in 05 but they would only say there was a management problem, it was that bad that lots of guests moved into our hotel(club alize) as they had no electric or hot water and when i walked around the place it was like a different hotel.

Please bear in mind that this was last year and things may have improved but be careful before you book.

Also if its a 2 bed appt you're after i can recommend the Club Alize next door. :tup

Jo...x
Thanks MickyJo for the info.

Would LOVE to stay at club alize. Only problem is that you can't book them direct and I already have my flights.

Catherine
hi catherine

when are your flights for?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.