Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
i have been to turkey LOTS AND LOTS of times. had the pleasure of staying in the portabello afew years back it has everything and is lots of fun! although i choose to go to icmeler more than marmaris now if i was to go back to marmaris id go back to the portabello :) x
Well, looking good. I've had an email back from them this morning confirming prices. I've asked if they can guarantee us the newer rooms, this could be a go-er! :think Have also asked about the problems towards the end of last season.
Hi all, I am just new to this and forgive me if I go on a bit!!

I have also booked to go to Club Portobello in Marmaris and am horrified with the reviews. My flights are the same as the fellow scottish mum and would be grateful if you could let me know if anyone has got back to you regarding the problems of late last year.

I have e-mailed holidays 4 u direct and have asked them to confirm the situation.

Hope someone can put my mind at rest as we are seriously thinking of cancelling altogether and going back to Salou!! :cry :cry :cry
Hi Andrina,

I had an email back from someone , who I think might be the customer services manager. I asked regarding the problems last year and she said "The owners have reassured me that the unfortunate problems which occured last season have all been resolved".

I'm still negotiating over price with her.
hi all. going to portobello aparts but heard some bad reports but they all seem to be the same complaints ( the rooms from first choice and water trouble) . is there any one going there before aug 08 that can tell me if first choice customers are getting the new block. please as a member post any reviews on this hotel if you find it below your standard or if you think it will be a good place to stay :) . thanks
Portobello does not open until 1st of May not possible for members to make a comment.
thanks for letting me know when it opens i will watch out then but my post does say before aug 8th any new advice would be welcome :)
hi all just an update for those using this hotel i have dug deeper into this concern of mine and have had two partys on the phone to me. first choice called me and said they were sending some one over to check everything out and will get backed to me asap. and also holiday watch dog have called me and are going to call me while i am on my holidays to see if all is well. if any one is over there next month please report back with info on rooms etc. apart from some of the reports on this hotel . this hotel does have a rating of 4 out of 5 so maybe all is well and hopefully i'am jumping the gun a bit but when you spend so much money on a family holiday you want it to be good. cheers all :)
Hi Oneilly,

I was very close to booking the Portobello this year, was between there and club exelsior. I was promised by the girl I dealt with that "the owners have promised the problems of last year are all sorted out", whatever that means.

I didn't book in the end because to get a five per cent discount they wanted us to pay for both our 2 bed apartments up front by cash transfer to their bank account. I wasn't prepared to do that as I wanted to pay by credit card to have some security as was booking diy. So I ended up book the Exelsior.

I will watch with interest to see how your holiday goes. I hope you have a wonderful time.

C xxx
thanks very much scottishmum i have heard the place is good we know people who use it during the day and say it is very good its just the other problems that spoilt according to people from last year such as no warm water dirty rooms etc but hopefully all solved and first choice will be in touch with me have great holiday yourself and dont forget your return post i might want to use that hotel some day i will be posting any info good or bad thats what were members for ... :)
dont believe anything ***** says she talks rubbish we were there last year staying in cell block h as everyone we talked to called it they are reserved for first choice customers we had booked a superior room well 3 actually and they were the pits 1 had ants everywhere doors hanging off air con didnt work and there was nothing that they could do about it because our room had a kettle and that made it a superior room what a joke.

we were told that we could be moved in to the new part for a small fee off £22 per room per night there was 7 off us in 3 rooms so that would of cost £462 so we told her to p---off and just stayed where we were every one who was staying in this block complained and they just didnt want to know we are going back to marmaris in june 2008 14 off us but we are not staying here :wave:

first choice are pulling out of here next year and thompson already have done since the new manager hassan has been there they have gone downhill as all the bar staff from fingers have left too as they were fed bullshit by him.
Would LOVE to stay at club alize. Only problem is that you can't book them direct and I already have my flights.

Have you tried club alizes website as it has a reservation form ?? Im not too sure but its well worth a try. we stayed there 2 years gone september it was an exceptional holiday. Although we did sneak nto the club portobellos slides a couple of days Ha ha!! ;)
i didn't book portobello in the end up anyway, i went for Club Exelsior.

As for Club Alize, I called them and they are only able to accept bookings via the tour operator, who escapes me now, but that was for their 2 beds which we needed.

Thanks for your replies though and good luck to anyone staying here this summer, I look forward to seeing what reviews come out of there this year!
Has anyone recently been to club portobello apartments in Marmaris? I am going with my partner and 3 kids in August, We have booked a 2 bed apartment. I have read a few reviews which state there are 2 blocks in the grounds one of which is described as old and one new, as anyone been there b4 with a family of this size (I want to know if we are in new or old). Also is there any good places to eat and be entertained near by and how close we are to the sea front. if anyone could give me any feedback it would be much appreciated. P.s would I be better changing my english money to turkish whilst I am there.
Went their 2 years ago in the old block and it was fine, Your about a 10 minute walk all downhill to the Beach, As you cross the road to the beach their are hundreds of Restauraunts with entertainment in the evenings, Yes change your money in Turkey at the Post office or the Bank for the best rates, Dont use the commision shops or Hotels to exchange money..
RWB46 did you stay in 2 beroom apartment ? Judging by other peoples reviews the old apartments dont sound to good.We booked with holidays 4u.
Has anyone stayed in k block @ club portobello apartments, we have booked with holidays 4u and my partner phoned earlier today to which they said we where staying in 2 bedroom appartments in k block, they said these where new blocks, can anyone confirm this please.All replies much appreciated. We go on 6th aug 08.
hi not been to portobello yet but i have heard they are the new block go on the hotel reviews that will tell you i fly to portobello on aug 4th roll on haven't got a clue what block am in . fly with first choice :wave: av a goodin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.