Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Coastline Hotel
95 Posts
According to the hotel website, the Coastline has refurbished it's pool area, and some of the public areas over the winter. Has anyone been out there lately who can comment?
I had a text from some friends who are there at the moment having been many times to the Coastline. They said there are new decorations, carpets and the pool area has been refurbished. They said it was very nice. They are coming home this evening so may be able to provide you with more info then.

Pippa.
Thanks Pippa, that would be great.
Hi doonhamer32,

We were in the Coastline during March this year and yes there have been some changes that had taken place since we were last there in August 2006. The most noticeable was that they've re-carpeted the Hotel and it really looks smashing. Didn't really notice much around the pool area so cannot give info on that. There was some room decorating taking place and we did notice that the torn seats in the courtesy bus had been repaired like new!

Hope this info helps,

Trev
Thanks Trev :tup
I wasn't worried, just interested. Can't wait to get there & get the first Cisk down my neck :glynis
I have spoken to my friends who have just returned from the Coastline.

They said that the pool area and some of the public areas have been refurbished and are very nice. Trouble is though that this is making the bedrooms look a little tired and in need of the same treatment. The food is still great though and maybe they are getting round to doing the rooms also. After all, you don't tend to spend too much time in your rooms - hopefully!

Pippa
After all, you don't tend to spend too much time in your rooms - hopefully!

Not if I can help it, Pippa. thank your friends for me, though, I appreciate it.
Back again guys :) the missus is beginning to ask questions I can't answer, so I'm hoping you can!
Can any of you tell me how the AI works at the Coastline, especially in respect of the a la carte restaurant?
Hello doonhamer32, there are two things I will say about this hotel, 1 it is a great place to stay at, large bedrooms clean and tidy nice pool area and great food, it has some of the best entertainment of all the hotels in Malta that we have stayed in, the only down side is its a bit out of the way.
2 One night I asked for a brandy, well it was the worst brandy I have ever had so bad that I spat it back in the glass and took it back to ask what it was, and was told it was the brandy that you get when you are on A I. As we were on halfboard and had to pay for our drinks I made then give a better one, and was told they are only ment for mixers, this was its only fault.

Dave
Cheers Dave, fortunately I'm a beer man rather than spirits :glynis
Have just read a review of the Coastline here on HT. Whilst the review is very good it speaks of a problem with students at the hotel.

We have been to the Coastline before - a few years back now. We are going in January. Are we likely to have a problem with students then?
Pippa
in general the problem is in the summer months - students who come in the winter generally come to actually study - not sure about The Coastline specifically though
This is becoming an increasingly regular problem, Mata needs to sort this out before it gets to out of hand.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.