Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
The Coliseum restaurant in Pefkos has apartments so i don't know if this is the place you're referring to? If so no swimming pool, bar, etc. but very central - a stones throw from shops, bars and restaurants and a 5 minute walk from the beach. Basic but well maintained.
Oh n the Coliseum restaurant is great.
Hi Marcuschap

Just wanted to say Thank You for your reply.

Take Care

Jing. :D
:D I know that this maybe a little late, but there is a bar and pool at the Coliseum. We were there last year and thought it was excellent and would have no hesitation about going back. Although you have to watch having a drink with Kostos (bar man) :-)
Havent stopped at coliseum,however,just got back from Pefkos and thought every restaurant we went in was BRILLIANT,though our favourite.........Coliseum
Hello All,
Well we are back from Pefkos and it was great as ever. I broke my Leg going down to the beach which was not so great but Rhodes hospital staff were good with me and it only cost 3E for X Rays & 10E for pot with a further 3E for certificate to fly. All in all required two visits and taxis wanted to charge 40E each way which would have raked up 160E so we opted to hire a car at only 50E for three days from Zeus Rent A Car.
Now the Coliseum - Well it was very nice on the surface but the cleanliness was not good. The shower wall is made of glass bricks and looked liked it had never been cleaned. There were sandwich toasters in every room that were disgusting and two ring cooker thing that was well past its safe by date. The towels we were promised did not appear as often as they should and when they did they were like old dishcloths. The wardrobes were spacious and there was plenty of drawer space. The staff Sharron, Irene & Stuart were good as was our rep Vicky despite several complaints about cleanliness from a lot of guests. Paul is the owner and I wasn't too impressed with his style of customer service.
The restaurant chefs work hard and I have seen them cleaning the kitchen every night and the food here is good but better at the Coralli just outside Pefkos towards Lardos. Lot of noise from Pefkos By Night Bar
(I didn't mind but may be bad for some) Overall I feel that for the price we paid I would have expected the apartment to be clean. I probably would stay again if I got a better price but would definately buy some cleaning spray. :>)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.