Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Can't help with the Hotel and it's been about 4 years since I went to La Pineda, however here goes :lol:

The resort itself is a lot quieter than Salou but it does have the big Water Park (Aquopolis sp?) as the main attraction.

Salou town is about a 15 minute bus ride away.
Port Aventura is also very close by.

The beach is good - as is Salou beach - both very clean.

Plenty of places to eat, catering for most tastes (fast food, "proper" food and typical English fare.)

Not being one for nightlife can't help there.

The main "must do" trip is to Barcelona. A one day excursion doesn't do it justice. Quite a remarkable City.It covers most of the things on your list above and more.
There are plenty of hints and suggestions further down this board as to travel and sightseeing

Enjoy your Holiday :P
Hi there is a big night club in la pineda called pacha and if you visit the water park aquaopolis you will see its imposing structure behind it.The water park is brilliant.We tried that one and the one next to pot aventura and found aquaopolis to be the best as they have more thrill slides and a dolphin show!!!!As for culture Barcelona is an hour or so by train from salou although i'm not sure whether there's a train station in la pineda so you may want to check up on the buses.It does have more culture than a yoghurt factory though and is well worth at least one if not two visits.Hope this helps
Hi... :D and thank you both of you for your comments...

Also would like to add....

Does anyone know what the weather is like in October - the middle to the end...

I have looked at the weather websites, but they aren't really exact are they...

So if anyone has gone at that time i would really love to hear from you...
Have been twice in October and to be honest the weather can be a bit mixed.

First time had a week of mainly overcast but warm weather, but the nights were quite chilly. Same time the next year and had mainly sunny days and warm evenings

Be prepared for anything

Anyway you are on holiday and even the bad weather is better over there!
:D
Hi,

Yes i expected as much... Pack Everything...
For the 4 digit price im paying i could have got definate sunny weather else where..

The only reason im going there is because the children wants something to do.. So the Travel agent told us about Port Aventura..

But if any body has any other suggestions how to keep a 17 and a 13 year old happy and me with the sun (must be hot) on holiday..

PLease let me know...
Just come back. one nice day in a week it was a washout and a waste of time
Margaret
Came back on the 25th and we had 4 hours rain in the whole week! Blue sky and sunshine, although the staff said we had been lucky.
Here are our reviews for your accommodation:- Click Here
If you are going to visit Aquapolis with children then go to McDonalds in Salou first as they give out free child entry tickets with their happy meals.
hi, we've been in this area five times now and I would go again and again.
few tips;
buses run to barc for round 17 euros, very easy and alot cheaper to do, instead of the tours theres plenty of bus stops and buses or harder way to do it is the train going from salou (but it is hard the first time till you know your bearings I would stick to the buses).
waterpark and themepark, go on the change over day normally tuesday, you will find it so easy to get on rides and such like.
any shopping take the bus into salou same things at lower prices.
oct weather is alot hotter than here!!!! you may get break though rain where it pours down solid but in the morning its clears up or it did when we were there. buy those little plastic macs that roll up to nothing.
the only tour run worth doing to barc, is the foutains at night. if you go in the day watch out for the cons and pick pockets! doing barc on the bus its hard to get to these places on your own. once in barc head to the bottom of la rams (as early as you can) there are tour buses parked by the harbour, they work out expensive but still works out cheaper than a tour bus from salou, well worth it as they take you all over the city,after that stroll down la rams at your own pace you will have seen everything. you cant do this with a tour bus as there isnt that much time. oh and go to the marine center on the harbour its brill.
never pay the first price you see further down the road it will be cheaper.
hope something I listed gives you help
Hi,

Thank you for all your comments they will definately come in handy... :D
Anyone going to Salou with kids simply must go on the jeep safari. It costs 39 Euros for adults and approx 29 for kids. It's a brilliant day out although dinner with bottle of wine included is an extra 9 Euros. You get soaked with water pistols by other people in their jeeps so be prepared. They stop at some really beautiful villages on the way and the scenery is breathtaking. Most of the drivers are English, some are Belgian, Dutch, we had a Ukrainian, which was interesting as he didn't speak any English apart from toilet and go faster.
You can buy tickets in the town, I called it the pergola area, you'll see what I mean when you get there, or find Universal Holiday Centre, just up on left from main roundabout, going towards Port Aventura.
Fantastic fun day out for all.
Hi,
La Pineda is a lovely quite resort, The beach is very clean and safe although i much prefer Salou main beach, its bigger and better. I have stayed at Donaire Park in La Pineda twice and loved it. It is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Salou, but it is easy to get to if you want. Just beside the hotel i stayed at there is a english bar with a bowling alley, my kids loved this place. There is also a mini golf place at the end of all the shops, its a white building, a spanish restaurant, my kids loved it here too. I think that Estival park has a lot of entertainment on so you should not need to venture far.
Have a great time
Loulou
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.