Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Adele
Sorry I haven't replied up till now but been a bit under the weather. It's been a couple of years sInce my last trip. As I have to take school holidays I am never able to go at peak times for Goa. The last time we went there were less Russians. Both Candolim and Calangute were more quiet than previous years. I have a feeling that it may be quiet again as many first timers this last season will have been caught up in the currency problems( which are now past)
Can't help with hotels as we are boring and always stay at the same place- Kingstork. It is next to the beach, my favourite bar ( Nirvana) , has a loverly pool, a room safe and the couple who own it couldn't be better!
I notice Thomas Cook are starting their schedule in October, which is earlier than I have ever seen it. And there is a less hassle with visas. Haven't tried out the online visas myself but people are definitely finding them less stressful.
Motorcycle helmets- Goa is supposedly being strict on this now.
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-06-27 06:06:16
Hop on hop off bus is new. I will definitely be trying that our next time out!
hi Fiona
thanks loving the sound of the bus....
yeah we went in 09 and there were a lot of Russians, im not bothered but i did find then rude to the locals,which i didnt like, was looking at kingsstork too, near the beach sounds good, x
Keep an eye on the news . Looks like visa fees are increasing. Nothing official yet.
doesn't look like the e-visa fee is increasing though ....:-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.