Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
beermat wrote:
:wave: Hi anyone know details for the compensation that people are getting back for flight delays from 2007? seen something on tv and moneysavingexpert about it and wondered if anyone had dealt with this??? our flight was delayed last year(oct) from arrecife for about three hours due to the plane diverting to ireland to pick up fuel and we did'nt know about it till we boarded the plane and the pilot told us, roughly three hours later. :(

Were you less than or more than 3 hours delayed in arriving? Under 3 hours = no compensation, over 3 hours and you may be good to go. http://www.flightstats.co.uk should have the details once you register (free) for archive details.

An unscheduled diversion to refuel may well be considered an operational decision meaning that the airline is required to pay up (but they rarely do unless you threaten to or actually start a legal claim).
:wave: thanks i had a look at flight stats and they dont have the time it landed unless im doing it wrong looks like it landed on time at 1.35 but it was roughly about 4 oclock when we landed cos we had booked a hotel and only had about a couple of hours sleep and got breakfast and out so were about 3 to 3 and a half hours late
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.