General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
If you google 'JML cooling pillow' lots of suppliers will come up. I don't think that you'd be allowed to take it on in handluggage because as you say, like most of these cooling pillows they are filled with gel (probably the same sort of stuff that is in reusable ice packs) and judging by the size they are bound to contain far more than 100mls of gel. So you could pack it in hold luggage for use once you've arrived but I would expect it to fall foul of the regulations on liquids and gels for taking on as hand baggage?
  • Edited by SMa 2017-08-08 09:05:14
Thanks for your prompt response. I have seen the many adverts on A & EB. I am trying to understand the mechanics of the pillows, whether it is solid until your head "melts" it and therefore not liquid. It is supposed to keep cool for a few hours when using it. Unfortunately we only have hand luggage as we are back in the UK for a few days.
No, it's definitely a gel - if it was solid it would be rock hard. They work because the gel inside is heat conductive and draws heat from you and hence cools you down. They recommend that for maximum effect you can refrigerate them before use but they would need to be actually frozen to make them solid and that would be like trying to sleep on a solid icepack. I think that the best you could hope for is to check whether the shops after security in the airport you are flying from sell them?

SM
Thanks for your kind assistance. Will buy off Spanish website, it has been over 100 Deg for a month, reaching 114. Only going out after sunset. Definitely Global Warming x
Where are you going Tricia??? Ouch that sounds hot!
It sounds as though Tricia lives in Spain and is just visiting the UK.

Although not quite as hot as Spain the heat wave around the med countries has reached as far north as Southern Germany and since the end of May apart from a fey days at the beginning of June and one week in July we have had 30C plus temps. We have had a lot of storms over the last few weeks, usually at night and instead of cooling things down it's just become more humid.

I sympathise Tricia, I've just become a couch potato over the last couple of months, it's just been too hot to do anything.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.