Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Read that yesterday. We have friends we met last year in Egypt, going back tomorrow, but they are staying at Coral Sea Aqua Club.

I remember similar stories of a bug at one of the Tropicana resorts before we went to Egypt last year too.

Whilst I feel sorry for anyone (genuinely) suffering from a bug whilst on holiday, I think the numbers of cases can get exaggerated when people may believe they can gain some compensation from a T.O or hotel because of a bug caused by poor hygiene.

Indeed, some of these affected have reportedly taken to TripAdvisor whilst still in Egypt to report their illness, - not the first thing I'd think of doing, in a similar position!
I stayed here is December and I didnt hear of anyone being ill.
The food was excellent and the chefs checked the temperature of the food etc frequently.
The illnesses always seem to happen in the hight of season and the during the hottests months.
It also happened at the sister hotel the Holiday Village after it first opened in June 2007.
We visited that December and no one seemed to be ill.
I noticed that many guests didnt wash their hands after using the toilet and didnt use the anti bacterial gel on entering the restaurant.which the hotel are now enforcing.
I hope the people who are ill recover soon and reading the hotels Facebook page it seems it hasnt put people off returning even those who have been ill.
I liked the line in the report " we are aware of a small number of cases "
I think 100 does suggest a bit of a problem !!
I've stayed at AI's in Egypt , but only a couple of times , I didn't really like them , it wasn't the food handling or quality of the food but the fact of some guests being quite disgusting , and I'm not really into picking up a serving spoon that has been handled by the previous 100 guests who probably haven't washed their hands , and some looking like they haven't washed anything .
Most nights we tended to eat at the a la carte restaurants and had a small subsidy from the AI package which we intended to do anyway .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.