Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I'm not sure what the issue is here they can't put you on a flight that doesn't exist and it sounds like the problem has been noted and addressed well in advance of your holiday and within a few days of booking, are you out of pocket in someway or have they changed your day of departure.

Why do you think you are entitled to a flight upgrade and a room upgrade, at this point I can't work out why or how you have been inconvenianced ? Can you explain a little more please.
The company made a mistake, they have offered you 40pounds each to cover your inconvenience. Etihad is an excellent airline as good as Emirates, so instead of a stop in Dubai you will have a stop in Abu Dhabi. Unless there has been a huge difference in flight times I can't see what more you can expect. In nearly 50 years of flying around the world I have on a number of occasions had my flight times and airlines changed and rarely received more than a verbal apology.
change in flight schedules and airlines is pretty common, especially if you book with travel agents. I have had several such incidences in the past
Yet again someone comes on with their 1st post ranting and raving, thinking they've been hard done by.
What is the problem with what they've done.???????????
A little inconvinience and now you want the travel company to give you the earth.
£40 each doesn't souns a lot i'll admit. But take into account how much you've been inconvinienced ( not that much it seems ) and how quick they sorted it, then you'll realise that what they've offered isn't that bad. Use the 80 quid and have a nice meal out.
Don't let a trivial thing like this ruin your holiday, go and enjoy.
romo wrote:
change in flight schedules and airlines is pretty common, especially if you book with travel agents. I have had several such incidences in the past

Travel agents don't change flight schedules. The airline does, so it makes no difference whether you book direct or via an agent. The schedule will still be changed.
I'm not sure why you didn't book in the first place with Emirates holidays , has your schedule changed that much ? The flight to Abu Dhabi is similar in length to Dubai , the onward flight to Male also similar . Are you arriving at roughly the same time in Male, but with a longer transit time in AUH ? How much significant difference is there in the flight times ? The difference between Emirates and Etihad flights is negible both are perfectly good in economy , even better in Biz , it's not like you've been fobbed of with a Monarch flight .
I think they have replaced like for like( or perhaps you actually have a slightly better airline).
Are you able to check if the flight is actually still on? As Andy has asked- are there changes in length of transit? Are the flight times significantly different?
Flight changes are a real pain- I know as last summer I was contacted by BA who had pulled the return flight and I had to change my hotel stay and everything. I think £80 is ok as long as nothing else has changed too much. I didn't get £80 by the way but I did have to "endure" another day in Mexico :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.