Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
That is what I did, and luckily I got a seat to myself the entire way. One thing I was a bit weary of though is that the sleeper train (from the Spanish borders to Paris) stopped at many places on the way including a three hour stop at Toulouse. I was a bit weary of nodding off as the train was open to the public and anybody could have walked on taken my luggage etc.

Cheapest way I can get to Barcelona by train now is over £300. I could look into October but then that is going a bit out of season.

What I found though on the Barcelona trip, the trains to Barcelona don't increase that much (at least the night trains) it is the Eurostar that makes all the difference.

I would love to do the trip to Barcelona in a day too, but to do that the train leaves at around 2:00pm and would need to get to Paris for around 11:30, considering my earliest train doesn't arrive into London until 8:10am that would be cutting things fine and cost a fortune. The way round it of course is to get to London at midnight, stay up in the station all night and get the first Eurostar into Paris or stay in a B&B in London, but if I am going to do that I may as well just go on the cheaper sleeper train.
cyprus100 wrote:
I had the same thought quite a few years ago. I'd split from a relationship a few months before and was determined to have a holiday that year. I'd recently moved back to my home town after living in Manchester for 5 years or so and my old friends were all in relationships or had moved elsewhere....

I booked a coach trip on the hope by the time I arrived in resort I would be a familiar face with other people on the coach.

However, the price I was quoted by a local travel agent as a single person was incorrect and found it was almost double the price to travel alone so I got a work colleague to come with me instead. We ended up on a coach being chartered by a pub trip from a pub a few miles away.

That's how I met what turned out to be my husband..... Beware of coach holidays! :cheers

What a great story ..I have only just discovered this site and as an ex impact holiday rep who discovered the costa brava way back in 1991 I have so many memories
As for your questions I would say that for me personally i absolutely love the coach down to the costa brava and I have always travelled alone even when not single lol
One tip is that if its with siesta ( who I finds to be great ) i always book the coach separately and then go online to their specials section were one year i got one week in June to calella de palafrugell for £140 just on my own
Which in anyone's book is a bargain.
Calella de palafrugell is I guess classed as more family orientated but I just simply use it as a base to do lots of other things around the brava and you also have the best of both worlds as its busy in June/July/august whilst still retaining its "relaxed" status but you also have two of the biggest clubs in the brava 500 metres along the main road if you want to go and party

I'm about to book to CDP in June,can't wait
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.