Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have you tried pricing it through Travel Republic?

And people say you should use the promo code GETSOMESUN
Its hard to believe anyone paid £1650 for 2 weeks all inclusive last year let alone paying more this year, Why dont you just ask the Hotel you like to go to in Fethiye if they will book for you next year, Get a flight with any Airline and a taxi transfer and save one helluva lot of money at the same time, No I dont see much changes in the price structures this season, But I dont particulary look a lot for mine this early.
That price he used to pay was probably about right for a decent hotel I stayed in a 5* in Jan in Side which was cheap but in August for 2 weeks all inclusive its about £860 per person with Thomas Cook which believe me for that hotel is worth it, its amazing.

:tongue
I've just looked it up on thomas cook under fethiye etc and its coming up as letoonia golf resort in belek antalya which is £1,424 but obviously wrong hotel and area haha hmm

:(
ive noticed a huge increase in the flights for this year, when we went to letoonia i booked the accommodation through somewhere2stay.com used some of my airmiles too, its certainly worth pricing up diy prices, as it did work out about £200 cheaper for a week for us

just had a quick look and from say the 15th sept in a bungalow for 2 weeks for 2 people travel republic is 1216, so if you could get some cheapish flights then you should do it for around the price you usually pay, try easy jet think their prices arent too bad and they have a special discount on if you put in NEWUK, they only fly from gatwick though . good luck let us know how you get on

Majesty Club Tuana Park Hotel is only £683 and ive heard good reports about that all inc 5*

and lykia world is only 1045 full board+ 4-5* ,

having stayed at both letoonia and lykia world, lykia world is better, fab place definitely worth a try, the only advantage of letoonia is getting free drinks 24 hrs but if your not a big drinker then lykia wins and beer, wine is included with meals til about 9-10 pm approx,in my opinion lykia is better because the area is nicer, food better,rooms better, more to do etc, more pools, generally nicer complex on the whole, although i did love letoonia, lykia world is much better
Hi Ellie Meg the code is NEWGB for easyjet flights.
Go some where else in Turkey, you will find lots of reasonable holidays, just shop around.
Flights, you need to book early this year for next via Agean, we paid £150 for flights in June to Dalaman(each) then looked for reasonable place to stay, i would not do it through company only DIY.
Aegean are saying the flights are not going to be cheap for 2009 as they were 2008, we paid £100 each for this year and they are saying they could be double for next year
We usually stay at the sun zeynep belek A/I seven times now and always been pleased with the price. This year we decided on a wee change and have booked into the club voyage A/I price £1,400 two weeks for two people in june ,much the same as the sun zeynep , we tried to book the same hotel for another two weeks in september and it is over £400 dearer .
Have you tried Cosmos? They are coming up at £1853 for 2 weeks for 2 people ex Gatwick on 18.9.08 for Letoonia. Hope this helps.
Cheers for the replies :tup

hibz7
The golf resort is another Letoonia resort but in a different area. I've not tried that one but I really wanted to go to Club Letoonia Fethiye, Thanks for looking though.

ellie-meg
You have recommended Lykia world before to me and I have looked into it. It does look a great place, and Olu Deniz is beautiful (we normally visit there a few times) but the idea of paying the same price then adding on drinks (Lykia being Full Board) sways us to again stick to Letoonia.
I have tried looking through other companies but the best price I found was £1483 for the dates we are looking at Letoonia. I checked Thomas cook for flights and they were around £600 for Newcastle to Dalaman. That would work out cheaper than First choice

Ill check some of the other places mentioned to see if I can get a better deal. I don't mind paying £2200 for a holiday, just no one that was £1650 last year!.

Thanks again for all of your replies, they are much appreciated :tup
Also for some reason I can always find cheaper flights from other airports, Manchester being a lot cheaper than Newcastle??
Well I always get good deals and i'm from manchester haha

:cheers
simon what dates are you looking for, i think ive read somewhere today that travel republic discount code isnt working now that could be why you getting higher prices than i did yesterday afternoon

try some of the turkish airlines for flights, ie goldtrail, h4u, aegean etc might be cheaper than TC. try flight comparison or travel supermarket

good accommodation only sites are, freedom direct. quick rooms, somewhere2stay, low cost beds,findmeaccom, travel republic,broadway travel etc
I'm looking at going from 8th sept to the 22nd. I got a price today, direct from Letoonia, for £3050 for four of us AI for two weeks, 2X double rooms.
is that for hotel room or bungalow. i know travel republic for a bungalow is cheaper than that. i found that booking direct with the hotel usually costs more, ive had a few quotes last week for going to turkey this fri and the prices direct where coming out over a £100 more for the week. i still think lykia world is a better buy lol coming out 1100 which is brilliant and you would only have to pay for drinks after 9pm unless you are going to drink £400 worth of alcohol in 2 weeks , lykia is far superior than letoonia, in every way, but its easy for me to say that as i dont drink very much lol. let us know what you decide
Well we go to hol village turkey 29thMay and we paid £3600 for family of 5. Just had a look on eclipse web site and same holiday is now £2700. It's really maddening, I know prices go up and down a bit but £900 come on!! :rage

Jo
Just trying that Travelrepublic site. Got through the flights page but the hotel screen comes up blank, although down the left it says 19 locations found? Struggling to get any hotel up for a price????. Its probably my laptop but not sure.

Lykia world through first choice, for four, came in at £250 each more than Letoonia. If I can get the price through Travel Republic I may consider it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.