Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi , we went to Costa Ajede last year , it is a fairly new resort and quite upmarket , we found it pleasant and enjoyable and found eating out to be very good , can't remember seeing any clubs there , but I'm sure there are enough lively places to enjoy yourself , also the resort next to it seemed a bit more lively/louder and then you are in PDLA after that , so I'm sure you will find something to suit what you want .
Costa Ajede is not full of clubs , drunks or English food only eating establishments , I suppose its more chic than cheap .
I don't know the accommodation you are looking at , but the El Duque area is very nice .
Thanks Andy, appreciate your opinions. What's the name of the livelier resort next door before Las Americas?
We go to Costa Adeje every Feb and Andy has summed it up pretty well.
Never stayed in the Aparthotel el Duque...
http://www.el-duque.com/indexUK.htm
Maradoddsy wrote:
Thanks Andy, appreciate your opinions. What's the name of the livelier resort next door before Las Americas?

San Eugenio.

EDIT: Brain not in gear today. Correct order is NORTH WEST -> SOUTH EAST...

The resorts... Costa Adeje (made up of El Duque -> Fanabe - >Torviscas ) -> San Eugenio/Playa De Las Americas -> Los Cristianos

They are in fact one continuous development. By a large margin Costa Adeje is the nicest.
I remember the name now San Eugenio , we went in a taxi there , about 5 mins , just a few euros , there were a couple of restaurants we went to which were Carlos and an American Diner ( can't remember name ) you could sit in a Cadillac outside to eat your dinner !! It felt more lively there in that more people were out and about , but towards Fanabe and the beachfront there were quite a few places to eat and also very busy so it's not like your out on a limb with nowhere to go .
I think I'm going in the wrong direction to you Pollensa :D I think , assume San Eugenio is part of Torviscas and Fanabe , which are all very near to Costa Adeje , as you say it all blends in along the way !! To be fair Pollensa knows the area better than me as I remember reading their advice before I went last year ! Thanks for filling in the gaps :tup
From what I saw I agree Costa Adeje is the nicest to stay in and is only a very short distance to go to another resort if you fancy something a lot more livelier .
we stayed in http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/tenerife/costa-adeje/hotels/hotel-luabay-costa-adeje.html christmas a few years ago, the shopping centre is uphill from here, plenty of bars when we were there . PDLA is walking distance for a livelier night out
Brain not in gear today. See edit to post above.

San Eugenio is the end of Las Americas just before Torviscas.

I'm reading your post and seeing this... "good selection of pubs" ...and to be honest most of the nightlife in the area of Costa Adeje is in hotels. I should say that we don't go to pubs so it may be that they have passed us by unnoticed. Having said that in no way is the place quiet, even in Feb. Always plenty of people around, busy restaurants and hotel bars. As Andy says, you can get around the entire stretch from Costa Adeje all the way to Los Cris by taxi, fairly cheaply. Make absolutely certain that your accommodation is on the coastal side of the coastal motorway. Above the motorway is like a mountainside, you will take a taxi to the beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.