Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Re: what to pack
79 Posts
has it changed during the day as well. Diane
like i say travel in a warm jacket and jumper.you can always take them off /but not put them on.plus of course you use them at night when iots chilly.i buy loads of jackets jackets when i go from a shop on the beach front.very cheap and well made.mainly lighter jackets i buy for summer and one got a great long coat for winter.for 4 euro;s.i snapped he;s hand off when i saw the price.turn right when you get on beach from that hilling path down to beach.its a chinese shop.
Its very changeable at the moment Diane, woke up this morning to grey skies and rain but its not cold, then this afternoon its blue skies and warm but a little windy. I wouldn´t bring any heavy clothes, just a light jacket thats not too heavy to carry as you may be taking it off and putting back on a few times during the day.
Just back from Fuengirola, sat on the balcony at midnight last night enjoying a drink, weather this morning not too clever but brightened up early afternoon as we left, forecast for the next few days very good.

Locals say its the hottest October for over 20 years.
seems all the med has had a heat wave.i was in ibiza a few weeks ago.never known it to be so hot at that time of year.still not complaining.
I'm flying out this coming sunday - is the heatwave still due to last??

Dave
:cheers Happy new year to everyone. Have just booked for Fuengirola for early march for our 25th wedding anniversary staying at the Las Rampas Hotel. :whoops Wifey is now panicin about the weather, what clothes she should take for day & evening, will she see the sun & be able to sunbath at all. All comments appreciated just to make sure we get to 26 years of marraige :D Thanks
Not much going on the discussion forum just, now is there !!!
So I thought I would ask what the weather is like just now in Fuengirola.
We are over for a week at the end of Feb !!
The weather has got to be better than it is here in Devon just now ???
Hi hollands toffee ... I haven't read any news reports specifically about Fuengirola and the Costa del Sol, but there was a report in the Costa Blanca News a few days ago that the 'big chill' was on its way there, and temperatures in recent days certainly do appear to have been below the seasonal average.

Looking at weblinks on page of 1 of this topic, current temperatures for the Costa del Sol seem to vary between 0c in Nerja to just 6c in Fuengirola and Torremolinos, with windchill knocking another couple of degrees off that.

David :wave
It's cold :yikes Well cold for here anyway.....yesterday the high was about 12 and low of 2 degrees (we usually have lows of about 12 at this time of the year). Sun was out yesterday so it wasn't too bad in the day time, but it's cloudy today so feels colder and the 'high' is meant to be only 10 degrees. But the good news is that it's getting better during the week.

Hollandstoffee - at the end of Feb you have to take your chance - it could be beach weather or it could be pouring down! You'll need a coat or jacket for the evenings, that's for sure. Keep an eye on weatheronline.co.uk - that always seems to be the most accurate site IMO.
hi going to benalmadena next week any idea what the weather is like at the moment various weather web sites show the weather as been rain and for the next 10 days anyone know if this is true

Gary
Torre webcam today was showing rain until around lunchtime, then sun was shining, even saw folks strolling along the beach, sea looked quite calm, so don't think there was much breeze..Temps around 20c..BUT the forcast does show lots of rainy days ahead..maybe they will be like today, mixed with sunshine...
Going out Wed-Sun (and hope to see some)... forecasts I'm reading say chance of rain, which we're prepared for... better-dressed half would just like to hear from someone out there what kind of evening attire to bring, bearing in mind anything below 21 is Baltic to her?

Many thanks

JG
Well, we´re here and the weather is absolutely glorious... headed for 21 degrees again today here in Torreblanca, bright sunshine, and despite forecasts of rain, since Wednesday, we´ve had only had a few hours of rain on Thursday afternoon, early evening.
Thanks for the update jim. Glad the weather is better than you were expecting.

luci :wave
Summer has certainly arrived! 34 degrees today and at midnight last night it was still showing 25 degrees! We'll all be moaning soon that it's too hot, but after all that rain, I don't care!!
Out there In two days, the forcast looks great too! Hope that huge rock in Iceland keeps quiet!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.