Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
We are thinking of booking a holiday in Benalmadena in Jan or Feb - can anyone please give me an idea of what the weather should be like. Thanks.
I use this one, its at Playa Casa Antonio Torre...

http://www.andaluz.tv/webcams_en/torre_cam2.php

Jean.... Jan & Feb can be okay daytime, but really cool at night..Jan 2009 was quite warm, but Jan 2010 really wet, wettest Winter for over 40yrs, so with that gone :tup you maybe lucky next year..
:really Waw, looking at a couple of torremolinos webcams the temps are showing 28deg+ I hope I'll get the same sort of weather when I get there in 3 weeks :)

This must be above average for the time of year surely?
shirley h wrote:
:really Waw, looking at a couple of torremolinos webcams the temps are showing 28deg+ I hope I'll get the same sort of weather when I get there in 3 weeks :)

This must be above average for the time of year surely?

Shirley we were in Torremilinos end of Feb and the temps were in the mid 70's. No coats needed in the day or in the evenings. We all still have our tan lines from then. So I am sure you will have better and higher temps at Easter!
We were there at this time a few years ago and had to wear light jackets in the evening and even the daytime wasn't really warm enough for shorts let alone bikinis. I was assuming that temps in the low 20s was the norm. I shall have to rethink my wardrobe :D
I can only assume that the thermometer on one of the webcams I'm watching is wrong. It's now almost 5pm and the temperature is showing as 37.9deg :really
If it's the one Casa Antonio in Torremolinos it's because the temperature sensor is inside the camera housing. It always shows silly temperatures when the sun is shining directly on it. Mike.
That's the one mike. Thought something was up :D never mind the beach one said 29 in the afternoon and there were quite a few sunbathing on the beach :) :sun2
There is a new Benalmadena webcam located on Club Nautico at the marina.

http://www.andaluz.tv/webcams_en/benalmadena_cam.php
Thinking of booking a half term holiday in october 21st onwards to La Carhueila. Realistically what sort of eather can be expected. We have just been to the costa blanca late may - early june this year and got rain every day so not sure if to risk it again!
HI Carper, if your holiday is going to depend on some warm sunshine I wouldn't book la Carihuela, much as I love the place. I think you'll be really lucky to get a week of hot weather at the end of October. I'm definitely not an expert and tbh I've only ever been there in march and April but in general you wouldn't get great weather in that part of Spain going into November.
Thinking of booking a half term holiday in october 21st onwards to La Carhueila. Realistically what sort of eather can be expected. We have just been to the costa blanca late may - early june this year and got rain every day so not sure if to risk it again!

Carper, How long is a piece of string.? I have been to the Costa Blanca in Feb/March and had some glorious weather during the daytime, becoming nippier in the evenings, and I've gone at the end of April for the hubby's birthday and it's been a wash-out and cold.

The Costa del Sol doesn't get its name for nothing, it's over 300 miles away from the Costa Blanca and this region is actually the best for holding onto the good weather longer, and the further you get down to Gibraltar, the better....although Gibraltar itself is always cooler because it is so exposed.

I have been to La Carihuela for god knows how many years for the Romeria de San Miguel, which takes place at the end of September and the feria runs into the first week in October, and the further you get into the month you can feel the slight nip in the air during the evenings and may require a light cardy or jumper, but when the sun is out, it's still hot and when it's cloudy it's still hot, you can have an electrical storm and it can absolutely lash it down with monsoon type rain for a few hours and as quickly as it came, it goes and dries up.
I cannot remember a time when the feria has been a wash-out, so the weather would have to dramatically change during the following two weeks and there are still a couple of fiesta's taking place in early/mid October in the area. From my experience the 'proper' rainfall starts to come in November.

But the weather is the weather and anything can happen. (now I've said that, I hope I haven't put a jink on this years Romeria/Feria) :duh
http://www.visitcostadelsol.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=543&Itemid=218&pueblo=Marbella&anio=2009

Sanji x
Well there´s hot, hot and then there,s baking hot!..... if you cracked an egg on the promenade, it would cook it.!
We`ve one more full day to go and the temperature has been between 40 and 46 degrees during the daytime for the last 2 weeks, and it hasn,t been much cooler at night.
Energy sapping, but wonderful. :sun2
We had some rain yesterday, all 30 seconds of it and sunshine at the same time.
Sorry for the bad punctuation marks, I,m on a Spanish keyboard that,s not behaving itself and responding.

Sanji
Hi everyone, I have an app on my phone which tells me the weather/temperature in nerja. Over the last 3 weeks the temperature has been in the late 20's to mid 30's on a daily basis with mote or less wall to wall sunshine. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate or not?
Thanks, bob
I hope so...hearing from the locals that they've had some good weather in Torremolinos.

Sanji
Friday ...Sunny & hot...by the time we had dragged the cases the short distance from El Pinillo station to the apartment, we needed a shower, sweat was pouring off us both.
Saturday ...Sunny & hot
Sunday ...Sunny & boiling hot with a breeze on the beach , we started walking back to the apartment from off the beach around 4.30/5pm and the streets where like a furnace, so we got a taxi which had the air conditioning going, and also had a guage reading the outside temperature and believe it or not, it was reading 43 degrees......I CAN believe it. !
Today (Monday) started off cloudy and oppressively muggy...energy sapping walking around in it, then this afternoon the sun came out....another hot day.
Local forecast on the TV tonight is showing sunny for tomorrow and Thursday, with a chance of a thunderstorm on Thursday.

Sanji x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.