Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Absolutely lovin the sunshine, not been in the sea yet, another sunny & hot day, we´ve been out walking all day....32 degrees before mid day.

Sanji
Sanji must be the warmest Sept for ages enjoy it :sun2 in my part of UK today its been cold & windy :(
What a difference a day makes :(
Today cloudy and it must be 10 degrees cooler, we took a walk to Torremolinos ( unintentionally) via the promenade/lift and by 4pm it was trying to rain, so we caught the train back to El Pinillo and now it is raining, not really heavy at the moment, but I think this is in for the night because you can´t see Mount Calamorro or the mountain next to it due to the low cloud.
The locals say it is going to hot up again at the week-end.....hope they are right.

Sanji
Hope it's just a blip Sanji and the sun will be back out for you tomorrow :tup It hasn't been too bad here in West Wales today and I've heard it's going to be nicer next week but I'd rather be on the CDS :)
Thank goodness just a slight blip, :tup although it was quite cool last night and we had to get under the cover (sheet) on the bed for the first time since we arrived here....I was praying `oh please don´t let the weather break´
Yeah hey today, another sunny and hot day with a gentle warm breeze on the beach, but walking back to the apartment at 5 pm, the streets felt like a furnace and it just seems to get hotter here as the afternoon progresses...and that´s where we have been all day today, lazy and lounging on a mattress looking at the Mediterraneo because (as usual) we have done far too much walking and our feet needed a rest.

Sanji
La La Laa not jealous :cry
Glad to hear you're having a good time and the weather's being kind to you both. Enjoy :kiss
Sanji no mention of glass in hand containing wine /beer..have you reformed :really

Hope the sunshine continues for you..the UK has a great forcast for next week, warmest Autumn since 1985 :sun2 so might break out that case of vino myself.. :cheers
the UK has a great forcast for next week, warmest Autumn since 1985

I heard on the TV that the UK was to get the warm air next week from Spain.
Well if the warm air is owt like it´s been here today, you´ll all be roasting :sun2 It´s been a fab day for the Romeria, absolutely sweltering and I would say the hottest day of the holiday so far.... today there was no breeze, we were wilting at 3 pm walking on the promenade back from EL Calvario......I´m not complaining.

Sanji
Great news it's keeping hot. We come out on friday to nerja, please keep us updated on the weather.
Cheers.
Webcam here at Playa Miguel Carihuela, am going to sit and watch it all day to see if I can see Sanji and hubby walking past :lol:
http://www.playamiguel.es/webcam/
:) Is that a new webcam Glynis? I haven't seen it before. I'll be keeping an occasional eye on it and will be glued to it a couple of weeks before we get there next April. Thanks for the link.
Probably Shirley as hasn't the Playa Miguel under gone a refurb? Am not sure with not going to Carihuela before our trip in June but it seems fairly new and think I may have read something somewhere? :que
I found that weblink just after I got back from Cari and kept meaning to pop it in here - then promptly kept forgetting. It's only with Sanji being there that reminded me :tup
Yesterday another sweltering day. :sun2
Today we have been to Fuengirola to do a bit of shopping (spices for Dave´s cooking and we had a meal in fish alley)...I bought a thermometer and it was reading 84 degrees inside my bag, so when we got back to the apartment I unpacked the shopping and I left the thermometer on the balcony table at 5 30pm for a few minutes, it registered 102 degrees, and if anybody doubts that reading, I videod the mercury reading and the time.

Apart from the slight blip the other day, the weather has been superb, I´ve been coming to Torremolinos in September for many years and I´ve never known temperatures so high and also not dipping very far at night so near to October.....these are July temperatures.
It´s been fabulous and we don´t want to come home when you have this weather. :sun2

Sanji
Yesterday and today the weather continues to be sunny and very hot, and last night at 9pm the street digital displays were showing 25 degrees up near the feria ground.
Today and yesterday the sea was quite rough, and so the surfers are out.
We have just walked back from La Carihuela village.... we waved at you yesterday and today facing the webcam on the end of Playa Miguel building.

Got to think about packing now, boooooo :(
Hope the good weather continues for those of you setting off on your jollies. :sun2

Sanji
:wave: Speak soon- I hope la carihuela hasn't changed too much.
I'm off to Marbella on 4nights & just checked the weather forecast - its says rain sat sun & mon!! Should I be worried?? Lol x

Not expecting anyone to see this post now that it's been moved- the last thing posted here was nearly 9months ago!
Yes, seen your post :) but unfortunately can't help with forecasting the weather. Who knows what will happen but hopefully even if you have a bit of rain that it will be dry and warm in the main.

have a great time anyway :tup
I'm not sure if any of the weather forecasts are accurate or reliable so far in advance, but there are some links on page 1 of this topic that you could try.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.