Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
:yipee we're off to Lanzarote on 9 Dec and for the first week staying in PDC, from 16 Dec staying in Teguise. Must admit the wind factor has been worrying as when we went to Portugal in Sept 03, we visited Vilamoura and the wind there was really strong, so much so that it blew over our glass of beer whilst sitting near the beach..

Can you recommend any eating places and any nightly entertainment places that allow kids in, taking 3, ages 13, 10 and 2.

cheers Carol
hello, we've booked to go to costa tequise for the fist time late july 2005. must admit didnt know anything about the wind/breeze. We always take our hol in july/august and never bother packing warm tops for evenings, would you say they are definitley needed in CT?
I'd say needed and welcomed. :wink
I wouldn't bother with warm tops for evening - we were there in June, and didn't need them. I had light tracksuit jacket which I wore once, when we went up to the volcano, but unless you're going in the winter months, I don't think jackets/jumpers/cardis are necessary evening wear!
I'd say take warm tops for the evenings.
I'd say definately take warm tops for evening. I wish we had known about the wind beforehand at least we would have been prepared. First time ever gone abroad in June/July and needed them. Never again!
We went beginning of July and stayed near Tequise in Playa Blanca.
Yes it is very windy. We couldnt go on the beach if we didnt want to be pebble dashed. It was hot - in 90s - but never felt above 70 to me cos of the wind. We had to secure our towels under the sunbeds and now and then a parasol would fly through the air over the pool ... the wind put me off Lanzarote I have to say though people tell me we had exceptionally strong winds for that time of year.
Has anyone been to Club Tahiti? Its a timeshare complex. Flights to Lanzarote - Please help! Thanks
I have not been to Club Tahiti
but I aways use http://www.airflights.co.uk
good service and prices.

Enjoy your holiday

Steve
I was at PDC 4 years ago and went to Costa Teguise a couple of times while we were there. To be honest, the wind ruined the holiday, it just blew constantly, and very strong. It meant that if you went in the pool or sea, you were freezing when you got out until you dried. But beware, the sun is very strong, and I've never known sand to be as hot.

One day we went to the water park at CT, the flags at the entrance were nearly being ripped off by the wind. As with water parks, you spend a lot of time stood queueing while wet. We were all shivering like we were outside in the Uk in february, yet the sun was blazing down. In the end we just got dressed and watched everyone else going through what we had.
I've only ever found the wind to be too cold once in my visits to lanzarote, and that was during a cold front in april/may, at all other times it's been nothing but a blessing, and I think as we've already said it's due to tastes, those who don't like winds are prob best not staying in the canaries imo
been to costa teguise twice ,both times at easter,the breeze was refreshing,one or two gusts on the beach were like being in a sand blaster but you have to laugh it off.it didn't put us off going on the beach :lol:
be honest, the wind ruined the holiday, it just blew constantly, and very strong. It meant that if you went in the pool or sea, you were freezing when you got out until you dried.

That's one of the many reasons I wouldn't return to Lanzarote.
Coming from Weston Super Mare it can not be denighed that you would know all about wind. I used to have to go there on holiday, my Gran lived at Locking. :twisted: :twisted:
I can say that the wind helped to ruin our holiday, along with the torrential rain we had.

The couple of times we did go to the beach we soon got cold as the wind was really strong.

I know in the summer it might be refreshing but the strength of the wind there at the moment, we arrived back on 23 Dec, was cold and definitely not refreshing.

We may go back in the summer months but never again at this time of year.

A lovely place though!
Hi,
As I'm off to CT this week I just wanted to know just how windy it is there!I have heard that the wind can be constantly annoying and can make it quite chilly in the evenings, but I wasn't planning on taking any long sleeved tops- should I change that or will I be ok??
Any help would be great!

:D
hello,
we didnt take any long long sleeved tops for ourselves just the kids.
the breeze is really welcoming and lovely at night (you can sleep)
the only time i took a cardy was in oct you dont need on in aug.
Merged with existing topic where you'll find other member's opinions :wink:

Pippy :D
The wind should be calming down now, ready for September :D But I would always advise bringing a sweatshirt or something with long sleeves with you just in case. Today has been gorgeous, but the wind is getting up now and having sat in the sun all day I am beginning to feel, not chilly exactly, but a little less than warm!!!!! :D
It is lovely to have the breeze, as was said, at least you can sleep at night. I am just back from Benidorm where the temperature was lovely for me, didn't need to cover up at all, and slept with no covers etc. Lanzarote is cold in the evening compared to that!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.