Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
I came back from Lanza yesterday - 2nd time there - first time wind is a little off putting but you quickly learn that without it Lanza would be unbearable.

There were a couple of days in the South this time around where the wind dropped to a very slight breeze - you quickly get a true reflection on just how hot it can be.
We went end of July beginning of August-have to say the wind was a god send!! A couple of days the wind dropped and my goodness what a difference, was sweating on the beach and really couldn't be bothered to walk around etc as the heat just drained us. We wore light cardys/jackets on the walk home from the restaurants, sat outside every evening for our meals in just strapy tops or tee-shirts. Unless you like your hair looking like "you just stepped out of a salon" I really don't think you will mind the wind.
We liked it so much we are going back next year!!! :D
Good thing about the wind as well, keeps the knats away, wasn't bitten once and that is unheard of for me!
Costa Teguise and Lanzarote generally is very windy. In April we were very glad that our CT apartment balcony was facing South-West and was protected from the prevailing North-East trade wind as it was very strong when we were there. Generally, the trade winds are more frequent in the summer months and usually almost constant in July. It's all to do with the Azores anticyclone apparently. It can also often be quite cloudy, mainly in the morning though unluckily for us when we were there, for quite a chunk of the afternoon as well. I may well return as we were just unlucky to have the weather we got (quite a bit of rain too), but it won't be in the summer when I prefer the climate of the Mediterranean to the Canary islands. Each to their own of course.
We went to lanzarote 8 years ago and have never returned because of the wind. If you went to the beach you got sandblasted and if you stayed by the pool you got hit off flying lilo's and the occasional brolley. The whole of the island was like this and we went in May.
Hi,
Just thought I'd post an update as we got back from Lanzarote mid september and just incase anyone else was wondering about how strong the wind is, I thought I'd let you know that we didn't find the wind a problem at all during our stay. It was scorching hot all day every day and without the wind we would have absolutely hated it there. It was lovely lying by the pool with a slight breeze, without it we'd have really suffered, maybe we were really lucky because of the time of year, but we honestly didn't even notice the breeze. Hope that puts some peoples minds at ease!!!!
Hello all, does anybody know if the wind will be strong over the newyear as this is when we will be there?

Dave
Will it snow at Christmas? :wink:
Who knows! 8)
Yes but not in the New Year :twisted:
Dave
i went to lanzarote in july before and it was only a gentle breeze, i was in my bikini all day, and in the evenings i just stuck a t-shirt on, the wind just cools you down and so you dont notice how good your tan will be because you still get all the sun. i came back with the best tan ive ever got abroad! stephie xXx
Hello all, just back from C T the weather over new year was very good and I also got a good tan, but the wind was there all the time.
At night as soon as the sun went down the wind then got very chilly and you did need a light jacket or jumper.

Dave
We arrived back from CD on wednesday only went for a week got a good tan yes a bit breezy at times but even in January only needed a light jumper or sweatshirt in the evenings. :lol: :lol:
Costa Teguise is windy from APRIL to SEPTEMBER due to trade winds. At this period, its true you can "eat" some sand :) on the beach... but there are a lot of beaches in this resort and its really easy to find a protected area to relax.

Its a cool resort, and I am sure that if its too hot, you will be very happy to have a little wind :)

Michael.

Edit to remove unauthorised signature - Sarah
Too windy, too cold,
July with 23°C is just unbearable. The Canary Islands: everybody should know the truth about weather here. Ridicolous. Living in a cold place all year round... one would like some heat !!
I thought it would be warm in Italy? I actually like the wind n the Canaries, too hot for me otherwise 😁
I am going to Costa Teguise next week wot clothing do i need never been before I am traveling wiv my husband a 17 daughter and a 15 daughter
Help is needed please
We've just got back. They've had an unusually cold winter this year with temperatures lower than normal and cloudy rainy days sometimes. Right now daytime temps are around 21C, which is very pleasant in the direct sun but can be cool out of it, especially in the wind. Still OK for the beach if you get the right spot. Nights are middle teens, so a jacket or woolens are a must. Every night we were there I wore a North Face woolen zip up.
I usually take my lightweight down jacket. It fits in its own stuff bag so is easy to carry & can be used as a pillow on the plane 👍

Got to be down though not that polywhatsit filling 😁
sometimes its so hot your glad of the wind
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.