Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi

We were in Hisaronu last month and this is our breakdown

we were b&b so no breakfast
a light lunch each of mostly a sandwich with a fruit juice and a large beer,
about two or three non alcoholic drinks and four beers during the day,
an evening meal each with a glass of wine and a beer,
two or three cocktails for her and about four or five large beers,
a couple of rides on the dolmus and one excursion.

This cost us around £450 for the two of us for the week,above is only a rough breakdown on food and drink.

I'm sure you could find it works out cheaper AI, but walking round looking for nice restaurants and bars is part of the holiday to us.

Basil.

PS forgot to say that the A/C and safe in hotel is also included in the cost.
Im a Turkey regular who has never experienced the AI side of Turkey, Having said that I have not spoken in person to anyone that liked the Food, Yes they liked the Drink and some liked the snacks provided, But they all said to me that it was all much the same salad dishes served day after day with not much meat on the choice if indeed some were on it.
I dont buy the tourist things now so all my money is spent on Drink and food and Tips, I was in Turkey from the 31st July to the 7th August and spent a total of £145 that included the visa price of £10, I could get a Breakfast for 3 Lira, Aturkish kebab served with salad and chips for 4 Lira and a five course set menu meal for 12 Lira, Oh and these places are not difficult to find also.
I can only speak from my own experience, but having done AI once, I would never do it again. The food was nice enough and nicely presented but it was the same thing every day with just the main bit that changed i.e fish one day, chicken the next and so on. After two or three days we were desperate for a change so we ended up eating out most nights anyway. As for the drink...well the less said the better. It was either watered down or cheap rubbish and you could drink it all night and be as sober as when you started. Mind if you stuck to beer it wasn't too bad.

Anyway, we tried the AI and it wasn't for us. rwb46 is right when he says it's not difficult to find good food at reasonable prices in Turkey.
ai in marmaris is generally poor..... the beer is from a barrel and poor quality, food tends to be the same. Some place have only one bar serving all inc customers. Some places have certaim times when all inc finishes!!! If you are going all inc the book somewhere a bit up market and pay a little more.
I would reiterate what has already been said. I've been forced to go AI in Turkey more than I would have liked and it would never be my choice. I've always found AI to be of a mediocre quality and prefer to go out. Cost wise, everything is very reasonable so overall, you probably aren't saving much unless you get a really good deal. I would stay clear of AI personaly and enjoy whats on offer locally in the restaurants.

If you've been on Caibbean AI's, don't expect it to be on par and compare it with the same standards. There's generally a gulf between them. It obviously depends on where you are staying as well.

Darren
Ai
Which resort were you thinking of?

Antalya region has more International chain AI hotels, compared to bad 3* AIs in Marmaris.... you get what you pay for....
These are what i`ve just been looking at any feed back seen the rewiews but what about the places around them. Reveiws tend to be about the hotel itself. Personnally all we needs a clean bed ect ect.

Whats the bars/resturants ect ect like around these places?

Lunamar apts £650 for 7nights for 2 people s/c

Club Atrium apt £650 for 7 nights for 2 people s/c

Ozturk apt £659 for 7 nights for 2 people s/c
lunamar is at the back of marmaris, nice views but a trek to most places
club atrium, fairly central 15 mins from beach
don't know too much about ozturk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.